Director – Supply Chain Operations
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Our Director of Supply Chain & Operations is a proven leader, educator and “hands-on” operator who thrives on rolling up their sleeves and driving performance improvement from the factory floor. Demonstrates strong leadership skills, passion for our mission, and the ability to direct daily operations to include management, production, fiscal responsibility, team leadership and motivation, resource planning, time management, purchasing, maintenance, shipping and logistics operations. Consistently demonstrate the highest degree of integrity, ethical conduct, and trustworthiness. The ideal candidate is experienced in food manufacturing and managing teams to deliver results in four key operational areas: People, Quality, Service, and Cost controls. Develops and drives strategies to achieve excellent customer service results and subsequent growth.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Actively manage facility within the current laws and regulations of the Federal and State governments. Discuss with Management any circumstances that could affect compliance to applicable laws or regulations. Develop corrective actions necessary to avoid non-compliance situations.
- Assures safe workplace for all employees and contractors. Maintains safe working conditions and practices to comply with all government regulations while resulting in world class metrics such as TIR & LTIR. Sets tone at the top with respect to safety training, incident investigations, inspections, audits and safety committee meetings.
- Meet daily with respective teams to evaluate performance drive best practices
- Conduct weekly & monthly reviews of operating results, actual vs. planned metrics, and progress on personal goals. Establishing priorities and procedures as needed to achieve desired results.
- Participate is capital budgets and strategic plans (annual & long term). Identify asset reconfiguration needs, execute plans to insure consistent, reliable plant performance.
- Evaluate technologies to improve quality, consistency, and food safety of all manufactured products
- Ensures operational readiness of equipment by ensuring proper maintenance, evaluates new equipment and techniques
- In conjunction with the VP/GM of Operations, establish guidelines for preparation of annual plant budgets
- Ensure the Company’s key goals and objectives are achieved related to safety, food quality and compliance, cost savings, margin improvement, management of working capital and growth
- Exhibit a “Passion for Excellence” through engagement with all levels of management, team members, and customers. Demonstrate senior leadership skills that encourage collaboration among all levels of management and team members.
- Maintain a High Performance environment where employees feel engaged, motivated, challenged and rewarded for contributing for achieving superior results
- Coaches team members and executes disciplinary actions as needed and drive company values of Find A Way, Show Love, Focus Forward, Come Together and Act Right
- Create a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement through LEAN principles, implementation of work standards, and development of feedback mechanisms
- Champion an assertive Cost Improvement Program that delivers annual commitments
- Establish and maintain strategic plans for manufacturing covering capacity planning, infrastructure requirements, cost containment, labor management and initiatives required for continuous improvement.
- Manage best practices with a strong emphasis on production efficiencies, food safety, compliance and asset utilization; ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner. Ensure that the plant operates in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Makes budgetary recommendations regarding and, at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Effectively involved with working capital and capital expenditure projects.
- Responsible for staff resource planning and working with Director of Human Resources for staffing support and training
- Responsible for monitoring production costs and performance, quality assurance controls, and sanitation controls Ensure food safety program, HACCP Forms training and compliance as well as daily waste tracking.
- Develop SOP’s and ensure team follows company recipes, BOM’s and documented processes.
- Responsible for overall program effectiveness, labor controls, service, Labor, Waste, KPI’s and other reports, and employee performance relative to “Best Practices” expectations and requirements
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of food products and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment. Ensures the proper use and care of equipment used in large-scale food operations.
- Direct and complete audits as needed and make recommendations to optimize financial performance or operational standards. Holds the team accountable for results.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
Education/ Experience/ Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Sciences
- MBA preferred
- 10+ years of Food Industry Management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a significant leadership role in food manufacturing industry or CPG products required
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex performance improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma Initiatives(Black Belt preferred)
- Bilingual in English & Spanish is a plus
- Ability to Train, Teach, Motivate and Develop Others
- Automation and/or process improvement champion a plus
- Strategy development is a key responsibility for this role
- Demonstrated experience with capital projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.