Manufacturing Maintenance Manager
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Provide leadership and supervision to 1st shift plant maintenance personnel consisting of electricians, seamer mechanics, label and tray mechanics, general mechanics, and utility operators, with the objective to support plant operations and projects.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Essential Duties: These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
Supervise Operating Maintenance Department
- Establish priorities, schedule teams, and provide guidance and leadership to maintenance personnel. Will also lead the weekly maintenance huddles.
- Review work in progress of maintenance personnel.
- Assure on-going training and education of maintenance crew.
Operate Within Budget
- Review daily and weekly Maintenance and Repair expenditures. Take corrective
action where necessary.
- Establish, maintain, and review inventories of spare parts and equipment.
- Assist Engineering Manager in preparing maintenance operating budget.
- Operate within established budget.
Comply with Environment Regulations
- Supervise proper operations of water treatment and discharge systems, with
complete understanding of chemical and water process flows related to food product wastewater.
- Oversee boiler’s air emissions within permit limitation.
- Work with Safety Manager to ensure compliance with all operational permits.
- Be acquainted with and up-to-date on environmental regulations.
Responsible for water, power, gas systems, including maintenance and usage efficiencies.
- Participate in, and support all safety program elements, directed towards meeting the plant’s TIR (Total Incident Rate) goal established each year by Corporate. This includes safety training, inspections/audits, incident investigations, incentive programs, and any other safety-related activities.
Capital Budget and Engineering
- Assist in the planning and cost estimates for the annual and longer term capital budgets.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in executing capital plan on time and within budget approvals. This includes, but is not limited to, all engineering design and project management, working with both internal and external resources.
- Work with chemicals when demonstrating the correct use to department personnel.
- Understand the operation of all equipment and machinery within the department.
- Regularly use CADD and MSOffice computer programs.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manager role in a food plant, managing maintenance teams
- Complete understanding of PLC and logic controls for high speed operating equipment.
- Proficient in CADD and computer literate in MS Office computer programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in managing the work order life cycle of a manufacturing plant.
- A well-rounded engineer with experience in electrical and mechanical, preferably on seaming, packaging equipment and utility systems operations.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.