Santa Fe Springs, CA
This position will be responsible for all purchasing, financial analysis and audits, reporting, quarterly/year-end inventory and strategic planning (budgets & forecasting) for the Santa Fe Springs facility. This position will be supported with 2 factory accountants. A financial leader who will contribute significantly to the Company’s ongoing drive to enhance operational excellence through the support of plant operations. This position reports to the Vice President/General Manager of Santa Fe Springs Operations with dotted line reporting into the Corporate Controller and will be based in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Manage all financial affairs, adhere to corporate financial policies & Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and enforce strong internal controls for the Santa Fe Springs operations
- Manage all purchases in the plant to ensure policies are being followed, competitive pricing is sought, and cost objectives are being met
- Establish and maintain relationships with our suppliers
- Plan and develop plant annual operating and capital expenditure budgets that meet cost objectives and corporate BP&A budget deadlines. Ensure accurate cost accounting and unit cost sheets.
- Assist with preparing Capital Expenditure Requests (CER). Maintain accurate asset registry and proper tagging of all capital equipment.
- Work with auditors to ensure successful completion of quarterly and annual audits
- Analyze plant financial results and provide recommendations to improve plant performance
- Support the timely submissions in our ERP system of transactions and production orders
- Develop and implement frequent reporting to enhance decision making for the company; this includes the development of dashboard reporting for critical information; responsible for factory operations analysis which leads to improved performance and lower costs.
- Automate weekly/monthly/annual reporting where possible
- Provide financial support to the Operations function ensuring that decisions are made considering short and long-term financial implications
- Act as liaison between Corporate Accounting and Operations ensuring that critical accounting policies and procedures are followed, and that communication remains open between these groups
- Manage growth and development of staff
Qualifications and Skills Desired
- 10+ years progressive experience in Finance or Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
- Advanced knowledge in SAP, Excel, cost accounting, financial analysis, and factory operations
- Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, Power Query, Power Pivot, Qlik, or Tableau
- Demonstrated skills in operation planning and cost reduction
- Preferred experience in consumer goods/food processing industry
- Strong leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Hands-on, self-starting, highly energetic style, with an ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to take decisive action and deliver tangible results in a cross-functional organization
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; experience with management presentations
- Team player with personality traits that enable him/her to motivate and communicate with all levels of the professional and support staff
- The candidate must be able to work well with people, operate with absolute integrity, work with intention and clarity to build the future, and believe that diverse perspectives make us stronger and unite us to reach our goals
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.