Careers > Job Listings
Account Manager – Foodservice
Sales & Marketing
About the Company
In 1889 the Clover Leaf brand was first introduced to Canadians when the company began operating the first cannery on the Fraser River near Vancouver, British Columbia.
During our 130-year history in Canada, Clover Leaf has grown to be a well-loved brand of seafood products: tuna, salmon, sardines, oysters, mussels, clams, shrimp, crab, and surimi.
Clover Leaf Seafoods and our U.S. affiliate, Bumble Bee Foods, form one of North America’s largest branded seafood companies with $1B in annual revenue. In 2020, FCF Company Ltd acquired both companies. FCF is a privately held company and one of the world’s largest marine trading companies, with over 40 years of experience in the supply of tuna and other seafood. Under this new ownership, Clover Leaf Seafoods is well-positioned for future growth.
Our Beliefs and Mission
Delicious, protein-rich, versatile, convenient and affordable, we believe seafood is one of the heathiest foods on the planet.
As a company of seafood lovers, we’ve made it our mission to discover new, innovative, and more sustainable ways to source foods from —and inspired by—the ocean for our family of brands, and help others discover seafood goodness. Our mission is to lead the world as champions for sustainable fishing and advocate for fishers, setting tomorrow’s standards through our actions today.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, you will lead the national Sales & Operations process for the Foodservice, Convenience & Gas business. Your responsibilities will include forecasting/volume planning, demand planning, sales execution, marketing and revenue management. The primary objective of this role is to execute “best in class” performance on key company objectives with the development, implementation, and achievement of departmental goals and reporting targets.
Deliver the Results
- Volume and Net Sales objectives, along with leading customer development
- Forecasting, Account planning and execution accuracy
- Profit and volume attainment – improvement
Strengthen the Organization
Never happy with the status quo, you will be active in building strong working relationships with Sales, Trade/Marketing, Consumer Marketing, Finance, Demand Planning and external partners to focus on executing with excellence, measuring performance and providing corrective action.
To achieve sales and execution goals, you will assist our sales partners – brokers, distributors and contract feeders with attaining new business and maintaining/growing current business. You will attend annual sales meetings with priority customers and “ride-with” broker representatives in Foodservice and Convenience & Gas. You will attend trade shows where warranted.
- Create and execute sales plans in conjunction with demand planning, marketing, revenue management and finance to enhance sales results, which include:
- Forecasting: monthly, quarterly, annually
- Managing the Foodservice Broker groups nationally
- Promotion execution and coordination
- Sales budgeting process and input
- New product launch coordination
- Account planning
- Information Sharing
- Drive “best in class” planning and sales execution/expectations to maximize revenue, margin and share
- Negotiate and execute new pricing strategies with our Operator, Contract Feeder and Distributor partners
- Draft and submit RFP offers as required.
- Manage costing and implement tenders as required
- Manage new product introductions with brokers and priority accounts
- Monitor and report on key metrics within Foodservice and C&G and recommend necessary actions
- Develop annual volume plans in partnership with Finance, Marketing, and Demand Planning
- Identify, propose and execute solutions, as issues arise.
This position will require visits to business contacts and occasional travel (less than 10%).
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- A complete understanding of the Canadian Foodservice Sales process, with familiarization of negotiating pricing, trade spend, contracts and managing disputes.
- The ability to initiate and develop plans and programs with new and current Foodservice operators, distributors and brokers, as well as C&G Operators and Distributors.
- The ability to work independently and with little oversight and direction. Self-motivated.
- The ability to think beyond their immediate role and functional silo to take ownership of the end result.
- Proven ability in a high pace workplace to effectively achieve results across functions and organizations through collaboration, negotiation and influence.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and communication skills
- Fluent in English. Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
Technical skills, including MS Word, PowerPoint, and advanced Excel capability.
Education & Experience
- University degree
- 5+ years of experience in the Foodservice industry in a sales or key account management role.
Why Work for Clover Leaf Seafoods?
- We are a medium-sized company with a friendly, collaborative culture. We work efficiently as a team and provide an environment where individuals can significantly impact the business.
- As part of our “focus forward” value to build the future for our company, we are committed to trying new things and learning together as a team.
- We are proudly a “people-first” company, knowing that the best way to achieve our mission is through our people.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a Canadian-based market-leading brand.
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.