Backup Boiler Room Operator
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Our Boiler Room Operators are in charge of operating and monitoring on-site boilers to ensure they function safely and efficiently. Their daily responsibilities often include starting and/or shutting down boilers (as necessary), conducting safety and maintenance inspections, tracking water levels, tracking gauges (pressure, steam, etc.), checking fuel supplies, and recording the daily readings. They may also be tasked with performing basic repairs and/or adjustments, controlling the pressure/steam to the rest of the facility, controlling the chemical levels (Ammonia and/or Chlorine), inspecting the fluids used each day, and producing regular progress reports for the Supervisor. They must follow all protocols and regulations to ensure safe operations of the boilers. Additionally, they will be responsible for performing basic assigned tasks during times they are working, but not assigned to operate the boilers (depending on daily requirements, this may compose the majority of their duties).
- Boiler room maintenance and shift coverage as needed with the use of Automated Controls and PLC equipment and computer assisted equipment.
- Ensures compliance with established standards and Legislation.
- Ability to work or fill-in for continuous shift operations without lateness or absenteeism is important.
- Able to design and make changes to existing Plant Systems.
- Able to maintain troubleshoot and perform repairs to auxiliary equipment.
- On call availability is expected – must be willing, and able, to perform unscheduled and emergency repairs as necessary.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of mechanical, and electrical, trades.
- Accustomed to performing all aspects of maintenance in a powerhouse setting.
- Able to read, and understand, detailed blueprints and/or schematics.
- Must have knowledge and experience with the following:
- Automated Controls.
- PLC equipment.
- Computer assisted equipment.
- 3rd Class Stationary Engineering License Required.
- HVAC experience is considered an asset.
- Ozone Depleting Substance permit is considered an asset.
- Able to work independently, assume responsibility and have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must maintain open communications and teamwork with plant personnel while achieving critical maintenance objectives.
- Prioritize the needs of the Production Group with frequent communication.
- Team player with strong technical, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills – Required
- Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position; 8 hours minimum upwards to 12 hours maximum depending on requirements.
- Shift work is required.
- Schedule of 2 days, 2 nights, followed by 4 days off.
- Occasional shift duration of above 12 hours may occur, however it is very
- On call availability is expected for unscheduled, or emergency, repairs as needed.
- Shift work is required.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of standing, walking, bending, crouching, squatting, and stooping on cement floors in addition to climbing/maneuvering over equipment. Applicants must be physically capable of lifting upwards of 50lb frequently during the duration of the shift. Applicants must be able to work in a variety of hot and cold environments depending on shift needs. Applicants must also be capable of reading in English to understand chemical labels, as well as writing and speaking English to maintain communication with co-workers/supervisor.
- Shift work (2 days, 2 nights, 4 off).
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.