Sante Fe Springs, CA
To provide adequate maintenance to keep equipment uptime and efficiency at 85% (as a minimum) of boilers, refrigeration, ammonia, water (including cooling towers), waste water, compressed air, gas and steam systems, general production, utilities and facilities related equipment to efficiently meet quality standards and production daily requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Efficiently operates and maintains boilers, refrigeration, hydraulic, wastewater, water recirculation, cooling towers, and compressed air, gas and steam systems in a good and constant operating condition.
- Records utilities meter readings, issues, completed activities and important information in the daily log book.
- Properly maintains emergency generator and regularly completes emergency generator log.
- Operates, lubricates, inspects and maintains utilities pumps in good condition.
- Initiates production and facility equipment for daily plant production startup.
- Knowledgeable about chemical dosages, their application, and responsible for keeping an updated chemical usage log.
- Operates sewage treatment to be within prescribed limitations.
- Inspects and maintains water discharge meters, and oversees maintenance of readings.
- Knowledgeable of state and federal regulations for operation of utilities equipment.
- Properly lubricates equipment, bearings and gearboxes.
- Promptly attends to a breakdown or malfunction.
- May perform some pipe fitting and welding for various metals and materials.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment parts, tools, oil/grease barrels clean, orderly and stored in the right locations.
- Installs new equipment as required.
- Works from manufacturer’s manuals and specifications to keep equipment and machinery in proper working condition.
- Works closely with the Central Parts Clerk to assure all critical and spare parts for the equipment are readily available.
- Ensure that all parts obtained from the storage room are properly documented in order to avoid discrepancies during cycle counts.
- Ensures the preventive maintenance (PM) program is followed and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Ensures all preventive and corrective maintenance activities are properly documented.
- Ensures that a good working relationship with other areas and the entire maintenance team is maintained.
- Reports the status of activities, in a written and verbal manner on a daily basis.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety policies, procedures and rules, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Supports disassembly and assembly of fillers for sanitation personnel, when needed.
- Supports maintenance and repairs for general production, utilities, and facility equipment.
- Supports training of new maintenance utilities operator employees (or cross-training of other department employees).
- Cleans boilers for annual inspections.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Unlimited Steam Certification valid and current
- Education transcripts
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with SAP and integrated trade management software preferred
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Excellent problem solving and good communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.