Brand Commercialization Manager
San Diego, CA
We are looking for a proactive, collaborative, and results oriented Brand Commercialization Manager to join the Bumble Bee Brand Marketing team. The Brand Commercialization Manger will be responsible for translating national brand strategies, marketing plans, and insights into sales strategies and tactics that maximize revenue by driving volume, market share, and margin with our trading partners. S/he will be accountable for partnering with Brand Management and Field Sales to drive market execution across multiple customers, channels (Retail, Mass, Club, Drug, Food Service, Dollar, E-Commerce, Military, etc.), and product segments. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of trade marketing, consumer marketing, and sales acumen (in the CPG space) with a knack for analyzing the business landscape, creative problem solving, effective negotiation skills, and taking action to deliver results. This individual must be prepared to skillfully collaborate with key stakeholders to create an environment of seamless connection between the the Bumble Bee brand and our customer’s needs.
The Brand Commericalization Manager will be responsible for partnering with Brand Managerment and Field Sales to deliver budgeted P&L performance and commercial health metrics on the Bumble Bee brand across mulitple product segments and commercial channels. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (brand managers, customers, suppliers, and others) to facilitate seamless connections between our brands / products and our consumers.
- Translates national brand strategies, marketing plans, and insights into sales strategies and tactics that maximize revenue by driving volume, market share, and margin with our trading partners.
- Co-Develop price and trade promotion strategies, trade merchandising plans and major trade initiatives. Responsible for review and collaborative approval with Sales of Customer Business Plans in CAS Trade Promotion System.
- Lead Trade Optimization initiatives with CAS, Scenario Builder, and Post Promotion Analysis to maximize ROI and achieve total budgeted brand and product P&L objectives.
- Sales Support and Execution – Lead development of tools that are rich in category and shopper insights to enable Field Sales execution. Provide regular updates to Field Sales on key marketing elements and initiatives.
- Act as strategic liaison between Brand Marketing and Sales – translate brand / product strategies into effective account specific business plans AND champion customer / sales needs within the Brand Marketing team.
- Maintain extensive customer knowledge including go-to-market strategies, performance trends, costs of doing business, “hot buttons,” and promotional vehicles.
- Collaborate with Sales and Supply Chain on Demand Planning initiatives and SKU level forecasting.
- Responsible for managing New Item Distribution & Shopper Marketing funds including strategy, evaluating field requests based on payout levels, and budget tracking.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Candidate must possess a BS/BA and an MBA would be a plus.
- Looking for +6 years of packaged goods experience with at least 3 years spent in a trade marketing, brand marketing, or revenue management role. Sales and / or category insight experience a plus.
- Prior experience in translating sales strategies, brand initiatives and go to market strategies required.
- h3 analytical skills in pulling, analyzing and drawing insights and recommendations from consumption data (i.e. IRI / Nielsen)
- Broad customer and channel experience a must. Experience in food products a plus.
- Must be able to operate in a lean entrepreneurial environment with minimal support and be proficient in computer skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Self-starting, highly energetic style, with an ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A bias towards action and execution, willing to dive into details to get the job done.
- A hands-on team player who has a visible, effective leadership style. Good listener, h3 communication skills, flexible and fair.
- h3 communicator with excellent presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Able to be decisive and effective in a high energy, fast paced environment with minor guidance.
- A reputation of integrity, high intelligence, creativity and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to leverage knowledge and resources outside of direct reporting lines.
- A financially savvy manager with sound business acumen.
- Aggressive with results orientation and effective negotiating skills.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.