Checker Class II
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
The Checker Class II is responsible for processing orders from both domestic and international consumers. They are responsible for ensuring the bayside Warehouse operates effectively and efficiently, maintaining warehouse stock and records for government review.
- Must be able to perform all check functions associated with incoming, and outgoing, raw products and finished products associated with this warehouse.
- Must be capable of performing all typical warehouse duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining written and digital records, completing government documents, complete necessary bill of landings, manually lifting packaged goods for stacking, and performing area cleanup when required.
- Must be capable of communicating in a clear, concise manner both orally and written.
- Must be capable of operating a company lift truck when necessary.
- Must be willing to receive the following certifications, if required.
- Transportation Of Dangerous Goods
- Propane Dispensing
- Propane Refilling
- May be assigned other duties as required.
- Must be experienced in operating Computer software.
- SAP, Excel, Microsoft Office Suites.
- Must have good attention to detail to catch mistakes in orders.
- Must be reliable with a proven attendance record.
- Must be comfortable with repetitive work while checking bonds.
- Must be capable of creating detailed records both digitally and written.
- Writing must be legible.
- Must be able to operate powered equipment (forklifts) when necessary.
- Will require being assessed and pass assessment.
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and can remain calm under pressure.
- Must be available to work the assigned shifts and any assigned overtime when necessary.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of sitting, standing and/or walking on cement floors for extended periods of time. Additionally, lifting upwards of 40 lbs. can be expected to handle boxed product. Legible writing is required for proper documentation. Computer literacy to operate computerized equipment is expected. Periods of high noise levels can be expected at times.
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.