Careers > Job Listings
Clean Up Crew Technicians
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
The Clean-Up Crew are employees responsible for maintaining Plant sanitation at the end of each shift. Using a High-Pressure Hose, the Clean-Up Crew wash and sanitize each area of production at the end of each production day to remove any trace elements of the day’s product (remaining fish pieces/bones/scales) as well as any allergens (Mustard, Soy) that have been used during our sealing and canning process.
- Hosing down all machines used throughout the production day using our 950 PSI High-Pressure hoses.
- Cleaning production machines using specific instructions and chemicals when required.
- Disassemble necessary machines to ensure a thorough cleaning and sanitation.
- Reassemble necessary machines once properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Removing all traces of any allergens or leftover fish product from production area.
- Sanitize equipment following company operating procedures and established practices.
- Ensuring all assigned equipment is cleaned and sanitized by shift’s end.
- Must be able to safely operate a 950 PSI High-Pressure Hose.
- Must be medically cleared to wear a respirator during assigned shifts.
- Must be clean shaven (if applicable) to ensure a proper fit of a respirator.
- Must be physically capable of lifting upwards of 50lbs frequently.
- Must be physically capable of safely bending, squatting, stooping, crouching, and climbing over and around necessary equipment for sanitation.
- Must be willing to work the evening shift and overtime as required (Hours may fluctuate).
- Must be able to follow instructions for proper, and safe, sanitation of equipment with chlorinated chemicals or acid products.
- Must be able to meet required timelines for cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
- Must be steady, reliable, and conscientious with a willingness to accept responsibility.
- Must have a good work history in addition to good attendance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience/knowledge of sanitation in a food processing environment preferred, but not necessary.
- Grade 10 education or higher.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of standing, walking, bending, crouching, squatting, and stooping on cement floors in addition to climbing/maneuvering over equipment. Applicants must be physically capable of lifting upwards of 50lb frequently during the duration of the shift. Applicants must be able to work in a variety of hot and cold environments depending on shift needs. Applicants must also be capable of reading in English to understand chemical labels, as well as writing and speaking English to maintain communication with co-workers/supervisor.
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.