Careers > Job Listings
Logistics & Customer Service Coordinator
Saint John, New Brunswick
Who We Are
Bumble Bee® Seafoods International (BBSI), a division of Clover Leaf® Seafoods Corp., is one of Canada’s oldest packaged foods companies. We market our products in almost 50 countries. Our priority brands are Brunswick® and Bumble Bee® which command the #1 share position in many countries. Our offices are in Markham, Ontario and on the coast of the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick.
For over 100 years, we have delivered delicious, healthy, and affordable canned seafood to consumers. Today, as the leading branded marketer of canned seafood in Canada and the Caribbean, we’re expanding our business, and there’s never been a better time to join our team and grow along with us.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world. You’ll be encouraged, empowered, and challenged to be your best self through ongoing professional development in an inclusive environment.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager Logistics and Customer Service, the Logistics and Customer Service Coordinator assists with order fulfillment functions across key markets within the Bumble Bee Seafoods International territories. You will join a team focused on Logistics and Customer Service solutions that support our Sales and Marketing initiatives.
This role interacts with internal and external contacts including sales, procurement, demand planning, production, customs brokers, QA, freight forwarders, 3PL’s and government agencies (CFIA/CBSA/USDC/USDA) ensuring a seamless and timely processing of sales orders.
As a Logistics and Customer Service Coordinator, you will contribute to the company’s continued growth by executing on the following responsibilities:
- Sales Order processing utilizing SAP/OTC/PTP functionality
- Order entry
- Updating shipping dates and customer information
- Price and deal verification
- Create Pro-forma Invoices as required
- Invoicing and billing functions
- Export Documentation
- Ensure all documentation meets export regulations pertaining to destination country
- Complete required Canada Customs entries-CERS etc.
- Prepare Commercial Invoices
- Acquire/prepare CFIA/USDC/FDA and other certificates
- Create Bank drafts as required
- Proof of documents
- Prepare shipping instructions
- Coordinate shipping dates with all relevant parties (carries, DC’s etc.)
- Confirm freight rates for each shipment
- Cross Train with other team members (BBSI, Domestic, Blacks) to provide support and back up as required
What You Need to Succeed
- University degree or College diploma (preferably in Supply Chain Management)
- 3+ years in a Logistics/Supply Chain/Distribution/Order Fulfillment role
- Professional designation or enrollment in CCLP/CIFFA/P.Log would be an asset
- Experienced with multiple transportation modes (Ocean, Road, Intermodal)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in working with the processing and preparation of sales orders and export documentation.
- Working knowledge of filing online requests with Government agencies for certificates required for export.
- Experience working in an SAP environment a definite asset, or a proven track record of work in an ERP environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English.
- Proven to be results oriented attention to detail and an ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Possess strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel.
- Strong organizational abilities with effective time management skills.
- Ability to determine the cause of issues and propose acceptable solutions.
- Work well under pressure to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all disciplines and levels of management to achieve company goals
Competition closes December 9, 2022.
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.