San Diego, CA
The role of the Data Scientist at Bumble Bee will be to provide technical direction, including both strategic and tactical planning, execution and support of data management and reporting strategies for all business units of Bumble Bee Seafoods. The position entails developing machine learning and artificial intelligence approaches to creatively provide the business and market data required for informed decision-making.
The person in this role must partner with users in all areas of the business to understand their data needs. Must be able to assess their challenges and understand the different data sources in play. Must be able to marry up disparate data in lakes or linked tables and perform the analysis to come up with creative solutions to meet the business requirement, all while anticipating their future needs.
- Design, develop, and evaluate state-of-the-art machine learning models for complex, large-scale data sets.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to provide decision support.
- Deliver insights and values from heterogeneous data to investigate complex problems in the consumer product goods domain for multiple use cases.
- Use machine learning, statistical and programming skills to enable data analytics.
- Drive informed decision-making and present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work closely with business users to identify relevant use cases, develop machine learning models, and validate results.
- Share technical knowledge and collaborate heavily with other members of the team.
- Work closely with the operations team to facilitate security, model integration and deployment.
- Embrace a fast paced, collaborative environment dedicated to embracing cutting-edge technology
Qualifications and Skills Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field such as Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, of Mathematics.
- Experience with machine learning and the progression to artificial intelligence.
- 2+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science, and analysis.
- Experience in a data scientist role building and deploying machine learning models.
- Experience writing code in Python, R, Java, C++ with appropriate level of documentation.
- Experience with the tools in the Microsoft Power Suite.
- Experience preferred working with SAP BI and Qliksense reporting tools.
- Experience working in the Microsoft Azure cloud service environment.
- Experience handling very large datasets, digging into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools, writing SQL to develop models.
- Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentations
- Good customer service acumen with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with persons in all levels of the business in technical or non-technical terms with equal comfort and skill.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.