Careers > Job Listings
San Diego, CA
The Demand Planner will be responsible to develop operational forecast and executes the collaborative forecasting process. Creates and maintains forecast models, analyzes trends, seasonality, and incorporates business intelligence and forecast information from sales, marketing, procurement, planning, and other sources. Supports the monthly senior management consensus forecast process.
- Develops and recommends demand forecasts using historical sales trends, statistical forecasting models, and research on demand drivers.
- Develops, manages, and leads the monthly senior management collaborative and consensus review process.
- Deliver forecast accuracy KPIs that drive inventory and service levels that meet or exceed targeted goals.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Procurement, and Planning to better understand supply needs to drive forecast accuracy.
- Supports the implementation, development, and maintenance of demand planning software by applying expertise in process, technology and forecasting practices.
- Knowledge of Demand Planning and ability to work with all areas to implement forecasting management.
- Provide direct analytical support highlighting forecast accuracy and trends that help improve the forecast errors.
- Improve forecast accuracy by analyzing forecast error and timely correcting the modeling.
- Develops future demand plans that drive supply chain planning processes.
- Monitor demand on a daily basis and communicate updated projections.
- Leverage industry best practices and continuous improvements to forecasting and supply planning processes and systems.
- Education: Four-year college degree in business, or other mathematically related field. Or equivalent relevant job experience.
- 2+ years of experience in demand or supply chain planning
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage multiple projects/solutions for multiple business area requestors.
- SAP/APO experience in Demand Planning a plus.
- CPF, APICS, or CPIM certification a plus.
- Experience in relevant areas: Supply chain, purchasing, forecasting, demand management, inventory control, materials management, or distribution resource planning; preferably in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Skills: Strong mathematical skills, strong quantitative and analytical skills, familiar with supply and demand planning concepts; broad range of computer skills – especially MS Excel, and other software packages; self-directed; ability to communicate findings, make recommendations and facilitate change; comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels; project management skills. Ability to manage many details with a high level of accuracy; ability to establish timelines and meet deadlines; excellent interpersonal and communications skills; skill in prioritizing workloads; ability to initiate, coordinate and move forward on planned activities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
The pay range for this role is $64,480-$89,847 annually. *Compensation to commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, medical savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation pay, flexible vacation for exempt positions with sick leave. Please note, however, that The Bumble Bee Seafood Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.