Director Consumer Insights
San Diego, CA
The Director of Consumer Insights will serve as the consumer champion/voice of the consumer for the Bumble Bee brand organization, leading and manage all aspects of consumer learning plans and insights/research projects to help enable and execute on brand marketing and innovation strategies. He/she will deliver compelling insights that align the Commercial Team to effectively deliver on near and mid-term growth opportunities, comprehensive marketing strategies, and enhanced consumer experience. He/she will serve as a thought leader and consultant across a wide variety of teams, including brand marketing, brand commercialization, and sales/category management groups.
The responsibilities of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Responsible for designing, executing, and delivering foundational insight studies to uncover key consumer needs & jobs to be done that will guide business strategy and actionable solutions
- Lead all aspects of consumer-centric research projects, from recommending methodologies, identifying and collaborating with vendors, managing design and scope of research, to independently managing all aspects of testing including recruiting, data collection/fielding and the comprehensive reporting of actionable insights
- Represent the consumer across all workstreams: bringing in and driving consumer-first approaches during ideation and strategy development by creating close working partnerships with various commercial team leads
- Build strong, two-way relationships with commercial team leads, ensuring a truly collaborative approach to integrating foundational consumer insights into marketing, innovation, and category management applications
- Leverage various data sources (secondary research, IRI, google analytics, etc.) to proactively identify, interpret, and share relevant consumer and business insights with key stakeholders.
- Partner with other commercial leaders to evaluate, prioritize, and recommend investments in potential insight sources.
- Stay up to date on market research trends and techniques in the field of market research
Qualifications and Skills Desired:
- Minimum 10 years in Marketing, Market Research, Insights roles and/or Consumer Insights & Innovation consultant roles, with experience in both qualitative and quantitative consumer research
- A. in business, marketing, market research or related field
- Well-versed in research methodologies and experienced with various types of research partners and consumer insights resources- possess ability to apply insights to address business challenges
- Strong Storytelling: a clear communicator and presenter to deliver findings in an engaging, fresh, and impactful manner with the ability to cut through the complexity to tell a simple, compelling narrative
- Analytical strength: ability to cut to the core of issues efficiently, merge multiple data sources and develop multiple solutions to complex business problems
- Creative problem solving with a highly organized approach– an out-of-the-box thinker, able to think creatively & holistically, must be comfortable with high levels of complexity and open-ended questions
- Must be intellectually curious, flexible, inquisitive, thoughtful- passionate about the consumer, with a hungry appetite for trends, culture, and human behavior
- Comfortable in highly agile environments: making smart pivots in progress, adapting to needs on the fly in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Resourceful, motivated self-starter with strong results orientation– balanced experience in both larger matrixed organizations and smaller, entrepreneurial environments
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.