Director, Corporate Engineering Operations
Sante Fe Springs, CA
Oversees corporate engineering, all factory capital expenditures, and supports factory engineering for our 4 locations in San Diego, CA, Santa Fe Springs, CA, Cape May, NJ and Blacks Harbor, NB Canada. Additional work as needed to support Bumble Bee subsidiaries, co-packers, and special projects. The Director of Engineering will provide leadership on major cross functional projects, help develop company asset strategies, and drive process improvement and automation which will result in improved efficiencies and reduced operating costs. Accountabilities encompass all manufacturing operations. The Director of Engineering will be based in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
- Work with factory General Managers and Engineering Managers to align priorities with capital spend, asset strategies, safety, continuous improvement, downtime reduction, and automation
- Support corporate initiatives involving innovation, optimization, sustainability, and QA
- Manage the Company’s capital expenditure budget and ensure that capital projects are properly prepared and submitted on a timely basis. Actively participate in project implementation and timely completion. Participate in a project closing process and post close audit.
- Provide input into 3-5 year Capital Plan based on business objectives and initiatives
- Solve technical issues and lead root cause teams. Gather relevant criteria, analyze and propose strategic business initiatives & solutions.
- Establish corporate guidelines for spare parts and MRO items – work as corporate liaison to ensure consistency and standardization of suppliers where possible. Seek opportunities for corporate bids.
- Responsible for cross-functional project leadership with ownership of processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful project completion
- Manage all aspects of project planning & execution including RFPs, issuing technical specifications, management of vendors, installation, and factory acceptance testing
- Partner with Corporate Sustainability group to ensure plant projects are aligned with Corporate sustainability goals. Execute projects that align with Seafood Love & Seafood Future Initiatives.
- Other activities as assigned or required
- BS/MS degree in engineering or technical field
- Minimum 15 years experience in a manufacturing environment and applicable experience in technical, operations or engineering positions is required
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Green Belt Minimum) – Experience implementing process improvement
- 25-50% travel required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Project, and CAD systems preferred
- Strong leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Proven ability to take decisive action and deliver tangible results in a cross-functional organization
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; experience with management presentations
- The candidate must be able to work well with people, operate with absolute integrity, work with intention and clarity to build the future, and believe that diverse perspectives make us stronger and unite us to reach our goals
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.