Director Customer Marketing
San Diego, CA
Sales & Marketing
We are looking for a proactive, collaborative, and results oriented Director of Customer Marketing to join the Bumble Bee Customer Marketing team. The Director of Customer Marketing will be responsible for translating national brand strategies, marketing plans, and insights into sales strategies and tactics that maximize revenue by driving volume, market share, and margin with our trading partners. S/he will be accountable for partnering with Brand Management and Field Sales to drive market execution across multiple customers, channels (Retail, Mass, Club, Drug, Food Service, Dollar, E-Commerce, Military, etc.), and product segments. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of trade marketing, consumer marketing, and sales acumen (in the CPG space) with a knack for analyzing the business landscape, creative problem solving, effective negotiation skills, and taking action to deliver results. This individual must be prepared to skillfully collaborate with key stakeholders to create an environment of seamless connection between the Bumble Bee brand and our customer’s needs.
The Director of Customer Marketing will be responsible for partnering with Brand Management and Field Sales to deliver budgeted P&L performance and commercial health metrics on the Bumble Bee brand specifically for the canned tuna business but could also work across multiple product segments and commercial channels. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (brand managers, customers, suppliers, and others) to facilitate seamless connections between our brands / products and our consumers.
- Translates national brand strategies, marketing plans, and insights into sales strategies and tactics that maximize revenue by driving volume, market share, and margin with our trading partners.
- Co-Develop price and trade promotion strategies, trade merchandising plans and major trade initiatives. Responsible for review and collaborative approval with Sales of Customer Business Plans in Trade Promotion System.
- Responsible for management of the product pricing strategy relative to COGS movement and trade marketing optimization in order to drive company growth. Balance profit, volume, and share objectives in order to deliver long term growth.
- Responsible to monitor competitive tracking via Nielsen and marketplace feedback, competitive reports, broker reports, merchandising reports, local market economic factors, trade changes and trends and development of strategy to stay best in class.
- Lead initiatives including agreement with sales management on items to rationalize, as well as working with field sales to identify outlets for discontinued items.
- Act as strategic liaison between Brand Marketing and Sales – translate brand / product strategies into effective account specific business plans AND champion customer / sales needs within the Brand Marketing team.
- Maintain extensive customer knowledge including go-to-market strategies, performance trends, costs of doing business, “hot buttons,” and promotional vehicles.
- Collaborate with Sales and Supply Chain on Demand Planning initiatives and SKU level forecasting.
- Responsible for managing New Item Distribution funds including strategy, evaluating field requests based on payout levels, and budget tracking.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Candidate must possess a BS/BA and an MBA would be a plus.
- Looking for 7+ years of consumer-packaged goods sales experience at least 3 years spent in a trade marketing, brand marketing, or revenue management role. Sales and / or category insight experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills in pulling, analyzing and drawing insights and recommendations from consumption data (i.e. IRI / Nielsen).
- Must be able to operate in a lean entrepreneurial environment and be proficient in computer skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint Presentations.
- Other characteristics necessary include strong analytical skills, strong negotiation capability, financial acumen, creativity, solution and action-oriented, ability to work alone as well as in teams, and results orientated.
- Self-starting, highly energetic style, with an ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.