Sales & Marketing
Lead our Walmart team to achieve company volume, share and profit goals within budgeted trade-spending parameters.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
• Serve as the primary contact for your specific Walmart category buyers.
• Develop and driver key relationships at all aspects of the Walmart business and the leader for Bumble Bee Foods LLC.
• Work closely with other members of the Bumble Bee team to ensure outstanding operational excellence.
• Develop strong rapport with third party service providers and promote partnerships that help deliver customer needs
• Develop and execute sales promotion plans to ensure volume, share and profitability goals are achieved using the most effective and efficient fiscal practices
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of promotions to avoid un-accrued deductions and ensure accurate financial accounting.
• Aggressively manage deductions to resolution to achieve outstanding balance goals.
• Execute new item introductions utilizing all sales materials and tools to meet or exceed company distribution goals.
• Execute targeted pricing levels to attain company profitability goals, while achieving at least margin parity with key competitors.
• Communicate with customer service, production planning and trade marketing personnel, volume requirements for new and existing products through the completion of accurate monthly forecasts and, as needed, the submission of item alerts for produced-to-order, or large promotional quantities.
• Review business through regular analysis of syndicated consumption data and sales, by customer, segment and item, to identify trends and develop action plans to correct, or capitalize on those trends as needed. Use all key performance indicators to evaluate the health of the business monthly. Understand competitive, price and merchandise relationships and develop business plans accordingly.
• Understand basic Category Management “Best Practices” and utilize these principals in fact-based selling to establish Bumble Bee Seafoods as the leading national seafood supplier in North America.
• Use all available tools to provide professional sales presentations to the customers, creating joint business and annual plans.
• Communicate and enforce company policies in a fair and equitable manner with all customers.
• Develop account relationships to establish a direct positive relationship with the customer.
• Ensure company retail merchandising standards are implemented by partnering with broker retail sales personnel on product attributes, planogram objectives, shelf standards, rotation policies and point of sale.
• Ensure effective and efficient time and expense management when traveling for the company as outlined by company policy.
• Maintain the highest ethical standards in regard to business dealings with internal and external customers.
• Conduct business in a highly professional and ethical manner with both brokers and customers.
• Promote a customer centered culture that strives for excellence in all needs, requirements, timelines, and expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS DESIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or business preferred.
• Experience working as and/or with a Merchant at Walmart
• Retail industry work experience within sales or merchant level experience – ideally within Walmart
• Must be able to analyze and understand data to access business health
• Advanced project and process skill set – including experience in P&Ls and financial analysis
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Experience managing brands in a large retail format
• Category management and/or consumer/shopper marketing experience
• Highly organized and ability to juggle multiple categories
• Able to travel at least 25% of the time for business.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
The pay range for this role is $130,000 – $170,000 annually.
*The compensation will be commensurate with the level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs.
Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes:
• medical insurance
• dental insurance
• vision insurance
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match
• HSA & FSA
• life insurance and disability insurance
• and other voluntary benefits
We also offer time-off benefits including:
• paid time-off
• sick-flex time
• 12 company paid holidays
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.