The Electronic Data Interchange Manager will oversee staff, manage all aspects of corporate EDI design as well as ensure the smooth operation of day-to-day EDI functions. The person in this role will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of EDI application interfaces, configuration, testing and production support. The EDI Manager will be directly responsible for any project and departmental milestones as well as adhering to budget.
The EDI Manager must tightly partner with business users in sales, logistics, inventory management and procurement. In these areas of the business EDI most regularly impacts their day to day functions, so this person must have a highly functioning relationship with them. The EDI Manager must also understand how to communicate and deal with distribution centers, 3PL’s, brokers, and inside sales team members.
- Ensure EDI procedures adhere to best practices/industry standards.
- Handle day to day EDI exceptions and anomalies.
- Maintain EDI master data, partner profiles and output conditions in SAP.
- Communicate readily about a broad spectrum of commonly used EDI transactions and their corresponding files.
- Develop/cultivate business relationships with sales, logistics, inventory management and procurement to understand their business processes dependent upon EDI.
- Communicate regularly with representatives from outside distribution centers, 3PL’s, brokers, as well as inside sales team members.
- Leading and/or participating in periodic projects and EDI upgrades.
- Coordinating validation and testing with new EDI partners.
- Coordinating validation and testing for new product releases.
Qualifications and Skills Desired:
- 5+ years’ experience managing EDI functions in an SAP environment.
- 5 years’ experience working in the consumer products industry, preferably grocery.
- Well-developed knowledge of broad spectrum of commonly used EDI transactions and their corresponding files.
- Ability to cultivate business relationships with sales, logistics, inventory management and procurement to understand their business processes dependent upon EDI.
- Possess communication skills for dealing effectively with distribution centers, 3PL’s, brokers, inside sales team members and auditors.
- Must have experience working in the context of an EDI value added network.
- Must have an understanding of GS1 standards.
- Must have experience leading or participating in an EDI upgrade.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Computer Science or Business.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain business processes, especially SAP Sales & Distribution.
- Must have experience onboarding trading partners via third-party testing such as SPS Commerce, Edict, etc.
- Strong knowledge of EDI X12 and UCS Standards working with 850/875, 810/880, 867, 856, 855, 940, 943, 944, 945, 947 documents.
- Strong knowledge mapping standards to various file formats such as IDOCs, XML, flat files, etc.
- Familiarity with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator is preferred.
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as AS2, SFTP, FTP and VAN.
- Good customer service acumen with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate technical concepts clearly with persons in all levels of the business in technical or non-technical terms with equal comfort and skill.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.