Cape May, NJ
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Intern will provide support to the EHS department by helping with the following tasks:
- Enter Safety Data information into Benchmark (EHS Management Software)
- Assist in the rerecording and editing of our Safety Visitor Video.
- Assist the HR department with Round Tables.
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings.
- Ability to collaborate with team members to achieve functional objectives.
- Develop skills with hands-on projects and mentorship.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn Benchmark Applications
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in college
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, chemical resistant gloves, slip resistant safety shoes with toe protection, uniform or smock, freezer suit, and safety goggles with face shield, as required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up-to 15 pounds at times.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.