Careers > Job Listings
Sante Fe Springs, CA
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
- Work with supervisor and/or department manager in prioritizing activities and projects. Follows the instructions to complete required work and assignments (scheduled or non-scheduled) in a safe, timely, and efficient manner. Keeps Supervisor informed of activities status on a daily basis.
- Maintain and document all non-Edison electrical distribution panels, MCC panels, and all pushbutton stations in clean and working order.
- Utilize the retort log to document, maintain and calibrate the retort instrumentation.
- Promptly attends to breakdowns and/or malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and repair motors (480VAC to 24VDC), control systems, sensors, relays, starters, timers, level controllers, RTD’s etc. add this: Trouble shoot and program servo-drives.
- Provide diagnostics, calibrations and repair of equipment and equipment components which includes but is not limited to: heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment, manufacturing equipment, pumps, piping, retorts, busse systems, vessels, plumbing components and facility equipment and building and grounds. Also includes, but is not limited to, tasks such as:
- 1. Properly lubricate equipment, bearings, and gearboxes.
- 2. Check belts, rollers, gears, sprockets, chains etc. for wear and replace/repair prior to failure.
- 3. Rebuild pumps, valves, gearboxes as needed.
- 4. Perform pipe fitting and welding for various metals and materials.
- 5. Repair and/or fabrication of guards, guides, rails, etc. as required.
- 6. Perform general facility repairs such as plumbing, doors, walls, floors, roof, ceilings, etc.
- Design and fabricate electrical panels.
- Install new equipment to current electrical system.
- Bend and install conduit and run conductors.
- Utilize Programmable Logic Controllers, computer, drawings, schematics and layouts to perform duties.
- Maintain the control and instrumentation systems, troubleshoots and repairs all related control issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance of critical plant and support equipment on a regular basis and properly document for maintenance records.
- Provide support to technicians with other areas of expertise to troubleshoot simple and complex equipment problems.
- Responsible for selecting and utilizing the proper tools, and for planning and performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Will be required to collaborate and work with other team members easily and effectively with maintaining good rapport with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Will be required to have excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms.
- Will be expected to take initiative, drive results and have a customer focus mind-set.
- Assist with electrical conservation efforts.
- Troubleshoots and identifies ways to increase equipment performance and production speeds for improvement of efficiency.
- Assist with repair of forklifts as needed.
- Assist with fillers disassembly or assembly for sanitation department in a timely manner.
- Specify and order electrical parts as required.
- Ensure the Preventative Maintenance Program in SAP is followed.
- Complete Work Order activities in the SAP program.
- Operate production equipment, forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift/other industrial lifts as needed.
- Handle mechanical work as required.
- Efficiently complete all required reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, quarterly plant-wide employee meetings, and training sessions (including safety training).
- Maintain the work area clean and organized. Ensures tools, equipment parts, oil/grease barrels, etc. are orderly and stored in the right locations.
- Works closely with the Central Parts Clerk to ensure all critical parts for the equipment are available.
- Ensures all parts obtained from the storage room are properly documented in order to avoid discrepancies during cycle counts.
- Works from manufacturer’s manuals and specifications to keep equipment and machinery in proper working condition.
- Perform other activities/duties assigned by the lead or supervisor.
- Maintains a good working relationship with other areas and within the entire maintenance team.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including PPE, safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, eye protection, gloves, slip resistant shoes, uniform or smock, back support belt.
(All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.)
☒Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
☒Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount and kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
☒Stooping: Bending body downward and forward bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
☒Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
☒Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
☒Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
☒Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
☒Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
☒Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
☒Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
☒Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
☒Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
☒Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole arm as in handling.
☒Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
☒Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
☒Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Includes those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
☒Hearing: Ability to hear verbal communication in a noisy environment.
☒Vision: Attention to the surroundings when operating a forklift.
☐Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Degree of physical exertion required for the position.
☐Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary Work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
☐Light Work: Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
☒Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐Very Heavy Work: Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Environmental conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
☒Inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
☒Outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
☒Both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
☒Extreme cold: Temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
☒Extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
☒Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
☐Vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or the whole body.
☒Hazard: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
☒Atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
☒Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
☒Humidity: Exposure to humid conditions ranging from 70% to 92%.
☒Respirator: Use is required.
☐None: No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Individual must have a proven background in an Electrical and Controls role. Experience troubleshooting and correcting Controls, PLC’s, and electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic issues on process and facilities equipment. Must be able to read electrical schematics and work with little or no direct Supervision. Experience in fabrication, knowledge of metals and welding is desirable. Knowledge of analog and digital instrumentation.
- High School graduate or equivalent; trade/technical school preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a plant electrician.
- Working knowledge of NEC codes, NEMA classifications, grounding, servo drives,frequency drives, AC and DC motors, circuit breakers, fuses, transformers, pushbuttons, selector switches, contact blocks, relays, timers, solenoid valves, limit switches, proximity sensors, magnetic sensors and photoelectric sensors.
- Proficient in PLC programming.
- Ability to draw, read and understand blueprints, equipment manuals, electrical schematics and ladder logic.
- Ability to use amp/volt/watt meter, megohmeters, electrical hand tools and wire; ability to solder wire. Ability to rewire and/or repair control systems, sensors, relays, starters, timers, level controllers, RTD’s, etc.
- Ability to use various other hand tools and machine shop tools such as presses, saws and bench grinder.
- Ability to MIG and heliarc weld preferred.
- Proficient at troubleshooting equipment and making proper mechanical adjustments.
- Knowledgeable about metric and standard fasteners, bearings, gears, gearboxes, sprockets, chain, tabletop chain and rail spacing.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be computer literate in programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Preventive Maintenance databases/software desirable; SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports.
- Forklift certification may be required (Bumble Bee will train and certify, if necessary).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent.
- The hourly rate for this role is $30-$38/hr *Compensation to commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, medical savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation pay, flexible vacation for exempt positions with sick leave. Please note, however, that The Bumble Bee Seafood Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.