Sante Fe Springs, CA
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
- Work with supervisor and/or department manager in prioritizing activities and projects. Follows the instructions to complete required work and assignments (scheduled or non-scheduled) in a safe, timely, and efficient manner. Keeps Supervisor informed of activities status on a daily basis.
- Maintain and document all non-Edison electrical distribution panels, MCC panels, and all pushbutton stations in clean and working order.
- Utilize the retort log to document, maintain and calibrate the retort instrumentation.
- Promptly attends to breakdowns and/or malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and repair motors (480VAC to 24VDC), control systems, sensors, relays, starters, timers, level controllers, RTD’s etc. add this: Trouble shoot and program servo-drives.
- Provide diagnostics, calibrations and repair of equipment and equipment components which includes but is not limited to: heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment, manufacturing equipment, pumps, piping, retorts, busse systems, vessels, plumbing components and facility equipment and building and grounds. Also includes, but is not limited to, tasks such as:
- 1. Properly lubricate equipment, bearings, and gearboxes.
- 2. Check belts, rollers, gears, sprockets, chains etc. for wear and replace/repair prior to failure.
- 3. Rebuild pumps, valves, gearboxes as needed.
- 4. Perform pipe fitting and welding for various metals and materials.
- 5. Repair and/or fabrication of guards, guides, rails, etc. as required.
- 6. Perform general facility repairs such as plumbing, doors, walls, floors, roof, ceilings, etc.
- Design and fabricate electrical panels.
- Install new equipment to current electrical system.
- Bend and install conduit and run conductors.
- Utilize Programmable Logic Controllers, computer, drawings, schematics and layouts to perform duties.
- Maintain the control and instrumentation systems, troubleshoots and repairs all related control issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance of critical plant and support equipment on a regular basis and properly document for maintenance records.
- Provide support to technicians with other areas of expertise to troubleshoot simple and complex equipment problems.
- Responsible for selecting and utilizing the proper tools, and for planning and performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Will be required to collaborate and work with other team members easily and effectively with maintaining good rapport with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Will be required to have excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms.
- Will be expected to take initiative, drive results and have a customer focus mind-set.
- Assist with electrical conservation efforts.
- Troubleshoots and identifies ways to increase equipment performance and production speeds for improvement of efficiency.
- Assist with repair of forklifts as needed.
- Assist with fillers disassembly or assembly for sanitation department in a timely manner.
- Specify and order electrical parts as required.
- Ensure the Preventative Maintenance Program in SAP is followed.
- Complete Work Order activities in the SAP program.
- Operate production equipment, forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift/other industrial lifts as needed.
- Handle mechanical work as required.
- Efficiently complete all required reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, quarterly plant-wide employee meetings, and training sessions (including safety training).
- Maintain the work area clean and organized. Ensures tools, equipment parts, oil/grease barrels, etc. are orderly and stored in the right locations.
- Works closely with the Central Parts Clerk to ensure all critical parts for the equipment are available.
- Ensures all parts obtained from the storage room are properly documented in order to avoid discrepancies during cycle counts.
- Works from manufacturer’s manuals and specifications to keep equipment and machinery in proper working condition.
- Perform other activities/duties assigned by the lead or supervisor.
- Maintains a good working relationship with other areas and within the entire maintenance team.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including PPE, safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Individual must have a proven background in an Electrical and Controls role. Experience troubleshooting and correcting Controls, PLC’s, and electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic issues on process and facilities equipment. Must be able to read electrical schematics and work with little or no direct Supervision. Experience in fabrication, knowledge of metals and welding is desirable. Knowledge of analog and digital instrumentation.
- High School graduate or equivalent; trade/technical school preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a plant electrician.
- Working knowledge of NEC codes, NEMA classifications, grounding, servo drives,frequency drives, AC and DC motors, circuit breakers, fuses, transformers, pushbuttons, selector switches, contact blocks, relays, timers, solenoid valves, limit switches, proximity sensors, magnetic sensors and photoelectric sensors.
- Proficient in PLC programming.
- Ability to draw, read and understand blueprints, equipment manuals, electrical schematics and ladder logic.
- Ability to use amp/volt/watt meter, megohmeters, electrical hand tools and wire; ability to solder wire. Ability to rewire and/or repair control systems, sensors, relays, starters, timers, level controllers, RTD’s, etc.
- Ability to use various other hand tools and machine shop tools such as presses, saws and bench grinder.
- Ability to MIG and heliarc weld preferred.
- Proficient at troubleshooting equipment and making proper mechanical adjustments.
- Knowledgeable about metric and standard fasteners, bearings, gears, gearboxes, sprockets, chain, tabletop chain and rail spacing.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be computer literate in programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Preventive Maintenance databases/software desirable; SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports.
- Forklift certification may be required (Bumble Bee will train and certify, if necessary).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent.
- The hourly rate for this role is $30-$38/hr *Compensation to commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, medical savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation pay, flexible vacation for exempt positions with sick leave. Please note, however, that The Bumble Bee Seafood Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.