Cape May, NJ
The purpose of this function is to direct the financial activities of the business unit by performing the following:
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Essential Duties These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
- Day to day management of the General Ledger
- Identification of, and research of accounting issues as to support accounting positions
- Prepares the annual budget and latest estimate forecasts
- Coordinates the month end and year end closings
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly financial statements and delivers such results in accordance with the accounting timetable.
- Prepares reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs and explains variances.
- Prepares timely and accurate journal entries, as required in completing the monthly financial close process.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and approves all Capital Project CERs before submission to Corporate.
- Forecasts Capital Spending on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and maintains validation schedules to ensure general ledger accounts reconcile to sub ledger records.
- Ensure plant expenses are posted correctly to the proper accounts and cost centers.
- Approve requisitions, purchase orders and invoices as needed.
- Supervises finance team
- Assist Plant GM with various analyses as directed.
- Support Operations in analyzing factory performance
- Settle Maintenance work orders.
- Assist management with accounting issues (vendor set up, expense reporting).
- Manage Accounting, Inventory, Logistics and HR functions.
- Complete Pure Safety and Alchemy assignments
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Other duties to be assigned
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
When entering the plant, the following PPE is required: hearing protection, hair net, beard net, steel toe slip resistant safety shoes, bump cap, smock, face mask.
Food Defense Responsibilities
- Engage in our “see something say something” Food Defense Program. This will include any necessary training requirements upon hire, then annually. Employee must follow all aspects of the Food Defense Plan and have specific training in their area. Responsibilities to include the following:
- Ensure that there are no chemicals and non-food grade lubricants or physical contaminants in the process areas and report immediately to Supervisor if there is any infraction.
- Ensure that no personal belongings are stored in the process areas and report immediately to Supervisor if there is any infraction.
- Report immediately to Supervisor if there are any suspicious activities.
- Ensure that employees, visitors, and contractors are wearing the Company approved uniform and are following GMP and any other applicable Company policies. Report immediately to Supervisor if there is any infraction.
- Report immediately to Supervisor if there is any unescorted visitor or contracts seen in the process area.
- Work performed in a combination of factory and office environments.
- Exposed to factory elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
Physical Requirements (All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Physical activities of this position.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Fine Motor Skills: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole arm as in handling.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Includes those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing: Ability to hear and comprehend verbal communication; requires frequent use of telephone.
- Vision: Ability to see in order to clearly distinguish numerals and letters. Requires frequent use of computer.
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Degree of physical exertion required for the position.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary Work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Education/ Expensive/ Skills Required
- BA or BS degree and 5 years minimum experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent accounting reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Experience working with SAP a plus.
- Excellent MS Office software technical skills, with emphasis on Excel.
- Strong organizational abilities, effective time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple requests in a fast-paced environment
- Previous management experience
This position will be responsible for overseeing the Cost Accountant & the Assistant Manager of Inventory Control.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.