Foreman, Sealing Room
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
About the Role:
The foreman is responsible for ensuring the team achieves high quality production requirements in a safe and respectful environment.
How You Make a Difference:
- Troubleshoot and investigate errors to uncover root causes and take appropriate corrective action; Empower team members to contribute to problem solving activities
- Lead the group to attain or surpass safety, quality & productivity goals and embrace change and continuous process improvements
- Maximize high quality production within your area of responsibility with an overall understanding of all production requirements
- Participate in weekly meetings to provide status updates, concerns, etc.
- Resolve interpersonal conflicts between team members
- Provides leadership by promoting high performance team concepts. Drives a culture of accountability and results through effective coaching.
- Perform administrative requirements such as time cards, notification of leaves, etc.
- Utilize resources available to provide the highest level of customer service, while maintaining quality, efficiencies, and cost
- Day-to-day co-ordination with other departments
- Ensure team members are equipped with the proper tools to do their jobs
- Identify training needs for individuals & the team collectively
- Maintain positive employee relations
- Previous Team Captain/Lead Hand experience is required;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop a team while coaching members to their full potential
- Strong project, time management skills and ability to delegate and coach to accomplish tasks and projects
- Demonstrates high degree of flexibility and embraces changing priorities;
- Knowledge of safety regulations and ability to enforce the safety rules and address behavior issues
- Must have prior experience in a production environment
- Strong knowledge of Connors Bros. products is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, electronic, interpersonal and presentation) Applicants must have strong communication skills in English, as well as the ability to read/write in English to maintain necessary records.
- Must be steady, reliable, conscientious and have a good work history and attendance record
- Willing to work fluctuating hours, weekends and/or evenings, work in other production areas and work some overtime as required
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office is an asset.
Working Conditions, Psychological and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of standing on cement floors, as well as lifting, pushing, and/or pulling. Applicants must be safety conscious to avoid cross-contamination and be aware of allergens used within the facility (Mustard and Soy). Applicants must be capable of ensuring all duties assigned are completed safely, and efficiently.
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.