Freezing And Holding Worker
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Team Members working in Freezing & Holding are individuals that are among the first ones to receive, and handle, incoming product (fish from the fishing vessels, fish arriving in frozen blocks). These team members are opening the received product (when received via. Trucks) and providing the correct product to be smoked for production (Golden Smoke Fillets). They are also tasked with freezing the fresh product when necessary, collecting product to be used as bait (as well as distributing said bait), and lastly, supplying the correct amount of frozen goods (fish) to the Tank Room for usage. Depending on daily production requirements, tasks may be removed/changed/adjusted to fulfill product necessities. Depending on product supplied (fresh vs. frozen, whole fish vs. precut fish vs. fillets), duties may be adjusted to accommodate product necessities.
- Opening raw product (when received in frozen blocks).
- Providing Production (Golden Smoke) with the appropriate product (fillets).
- Freezing fresh product (when necessary).
- Collecting product to be converted into bait.
- Distributing finished bait when necessary.
- Supplying the Tank Room with appropriate product in accordance with daily production requirements.
- Operation of a company lift truck may be assigned on a day-to-day basis (Forklift certification would be a bonus).
- Depending on daily production requirements, duties may be adjusted when needed.
- Must be physically capable of standing, bending, crouching, and/or walking on cement floors for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically capable of lifting upwards of 50 lbs. when necessary.
- Must be physically capable of climbing/descending company ladders.
- Must be physically capable of handling raw product (fish) when necessary.
- Must be physically capable of working in a chilled environment.
- Must be capable of working assigned shifts, in addition to overtime (if required).
- Must be capable of working weekends if assigned.
- Must be capable of working shifts upwards of 12 hours in length (includes weekends, if assigned).
- Forklift certification a bonus, but not required.
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Education is an asset, but not necessary.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with any combination of standing, walking, and/or bending on cement floors for extended periods of time. Lifting frozen product weighing upwards of 50 lbs. during the assigned shift can be expected. Performance of duties in a chilled (not cold) environment may be expected (company provided gear is available). Operation of a Company Lift Truck may be assigned on a day-to-day basis. Excessive noise levels can be expected during periods of high production.
- Different work schedules available (days, afternoons/evenings).
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.