Hermasa Line Packer
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Fish Plant Workers – NOC 9463
The Hermasa Line Packers are responsible for hand packing our prepared fish (either whole or pre-cut) into designated slots on our conveyer belts, which sends them along for packaging. These packers are responsible for ensuring the daily quota is fulfilled to the best of their ability. They are responsible for (quickly) inspecting the fish as they pack to ensure the product is still in good quality, separating the good quality product from product that fails quality, packing the approved fish into the conveyer belt slots, and ensuring no slot is left empty (else it disrupts the packaging process).
- Inspection of the fish product (whole or pre-cut) as it enters their designated workstation.
- Packing the product into designated slots on a moving conveyer belt.
- Ensuring the product they pack is in good condition as they do so.
- Maintaining a packing speed equivalent to the speed of the motorized conveyer belt.
- Maintaining a full slot belt for packaging of the product into specific cans.
- Packing to meet the daily production quota (to the best of their ability).
- Must be capable of standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically capable of maintaining a speed of production equivalent to the speed of the motorized conveyer belt.
- Must be capable of safely packing product (whole or pre-cut fish) into designated slots on a motorized conveyer belt.
- Must be capable of identifying issues/problems with the product.
- Must be capable of packing product to daily quota requirements.
- Grade 10 education or higher.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of standing, and/or walking for extended periods of time during the duration of the assigned shift on cement floors. Additionally, the ability to walk up a few steps is required to access the workstations. Excessive noise may be experienced during periods of high production (dependent on machine production within the facility), as well as cold/hot temperatures above the normal level (depending on machine production within the facility).
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period)
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.