San Diego, CA
This position addresses International Freight objectives, ensuring international shipments are processed and shipped per company and regulatory requirements. Position acts as liaison with Global Planning, Procurement, Compliance Department, QA, DCs, Plants, Co-Packers and Carriers, identifying and resolving operational issues.
- Monitor the in-transit movement and delivery of international shipments
- Track container status at US Ports through to empty return to carrier terminal to minimize the impact of demurrage and detention charges, intervening to take corrective action as possible.
- Maintains container performance dataset to ensure tools are available for fee disputes and root cause analysis.
- Reports daily regulatory FDA and container arrival status to internal and external parties
- Interacts with multiple functions that affect International Transportation.
- Follow-up with appropriate parties to ensure needed actions occur in a timely and accurate manner (i.e., Customs Brokers, Drayage Companies, Freight Forwarders, Ocean Carriers).
- Collaborate with various departments and business partners to resolve daily operational issues.
- Supports Vendor Compliance initiatives, as directed.
- Supports the processing of vendor invoices and ensures timely resolution of discrepancies.
- Assists with import product HTS classification.
- Publish various reports and KPI’s, as assigned.
- logistics and analytical projects, as assigned.
- College degree; BA/BS in logistics, business management, supply chain or equivalent business discipline a plus
- 2-3 years of work experience in International freight or Customs Trade Compliance.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and other tools in order to easily create reports and perform advanced analysis
- Must be able to set priorities, meet deadlines and demonstrate a high level of organization in a fast-paced environment of ever-changing needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface with other functional areas including management and outside vendors.
- Must be innovative, flexible, responsive, assertive, and capable of anticipating needs
- Willing to take on additional tasks outside of the direct responsibilities
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) is a plus
- SAP knowledge is a plus
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.