Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Connors Bros., a division of Clover Leaf® Seafoods Corp.
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Who We Are
Connors Bros. located in Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick is one of Canada’s oldest seafood manufacturers and is the largest sardine canning plant in North America. Our products are enjoyed in over 50 countries.
For over 100 years, we have delivered delicious, healthy, and affordable canned seafood to consumers and there’s never been a better time to join our team and grow along with us.
Clover Leaf Seafoods, along with our U.S. affiliate, Bumble Bee Foods, forms one of North America’s largest branded seafood companies with $1B in annual revenue. In 2020, Clover Leaf Seafoods, along with Bumble Bee Foods, was acquired by our long-time partner, FCF Company Ltd. FCF is a privately held company and one of the world’s largest marine trading companies, with 50 years of experience in the supply of tuna and other seafood. With FCF as a strong strategic owner, Clover Leaf Seafoods is well positioned for future growth.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world. You’ll be encouraged, empowered, and challenged to be your best self through ongoing professional development in an inclusive environment.
About the Role
Reporting to the Controller, as the Intermediate Accountant you will be responsible for various accounting related tasks. Regular cost analysis for manufacturing operations, monthly period end GL entries and statement preparation. Providing ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Complete month end close activities related to GL accounts using various tools including SAP and MS Excel
- Preparing / Posting Approved Journal Entries / Scanning and attaching into SAP
- Prepare the following Reports:
- Weekly Cash Flow Reports
- Weekly KPI Reports
- Labour Distribution Report
- Coordinate preparation of Monthly Manager’s report & finalize for distribution
- Complete hourly payroll upload
- Maintain monthly FA Expense & any other regularly monitored accounts
- Maintain standard costs of sardine finished good materials and production raw, packaging, and work in progress components
- Prepare manufacturing usage variance and purchase price variance reports to assist with achieving Sardine Operation key performance measures
- Prepare annual account reconciliations and audit files. Work with external auditor to explain and support audit files for the Sardine Operations.
- Assist in the Plant budgets and periodic updates. Work with Planner on raw material costs and update baseline with historical information from ERP system
- Assist in developing and documenting systems policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation
- Represent Finance and Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and reporting as requested by Management.
What You Need to Succeed
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance, along with a completed, or nearing completion, of a recognized accounting designation
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of common costing practice
- Able to effectively collaborate with all levels of team members both internally within the organization, and externally.
- Strong technical skills with ability to manage, interpret, and present data using various tools
- Strong analytical thinker with proven problem-solving capabilities, particularly as they relate to processes and systems
- Strives for excellence in execution and personal growth and development
- Ability to learn processes quickly and adapt and lead change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot, power pivot, power query, vlookup, offset, etc.)
- Knowledge of ERP system SAP
- Ability to extract, transform, and utilize data for various reporting purposes using various tools
- Proven to be results orientation, attention to detail, and an ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Competition closes February 16, 2024.
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.