IT Operations Manager
Sante Fe Springs, CA
The Information Technology Operations Manager is responsible for the organization, control and the proper function of all computer hardware and software, data and voice communications, and any computer related equipment, systems and application programs at the Santa Fe Springs plant. This person oversees and directs the day-to-day activities of the organization’s information technology operation, ensuring that systems, services and infrastructure work reliably and securely. The IT manager will work directly with corporate IT to ensure all Santa Fe Springs plant specific systems and platforms remain operational.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Essential Duties These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
I. Daily Operation Duties
- Ensure computer equipment and systems are available to users, except at designated maintenance times.
- Work with the extended IT team to ensure systems are optimally configured and running.
- Configure and manage system resources to ensure daily operations are accomplished.
- Provide assistance to users on SAP, Office 365 and general computer related programs and uses.
- Setup, configure and upgrade equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems and maintenance of equipment to keep them running and available.
- Work with externed IT team and plant engineering to plan, install and manage all communication lines.
- Serve as the central contact with vendors on computer hardware and systems for problem resolution.
- Work with the IT procurement analyst to order and receive all computer related equipment.
- Investigate, analyze, and recommend hardware solutions specific to the plant. This can include items like PLC, IIoT, industrial machines and sensors.
III. Ensure Computer Software is in place and operating efficiently
- Work in tandem with the extended IT team to update systems with OS and security patches.
- Apply additional functionality or fixes to plant specific computer programs as the needs arise.
- Investigate, analyze, recommend and implement computer software solutions as determined by plant
IV. Data and System Security
- Work with the extended IT team to ensure a plant specific disaster plan is in place in the event of hardware and or software failures and emergencies.
- Perform system security officer duties to control access to data as appropriate.
- Administer the plant access control system controlling all doors and gates. Work with the extended IT team, plant safety and plant engineering to deploy new controls on an as needed basis.
- Provide support for the local camera system and replace camera equipment upon failure.
V. Computer Programming Liason
- Gather facts in the analysis of project feasibility and the determination of informational requirements of the business.
- Serve as a liason with consultants or the extended IT team on application projects.
VI. Miscellaneous and Other Duties
- Ensure documentation of software and hardware systems.
- Oversee end-user training on all computer software and hardware applications.
- Perform site planning and oversee outside consultants and contractors involved.
- Provide consultation and programming support on equipment (i.e., ink jets) on production floor.
- Serve as plant liaison with corporate information systems.
- Setup department budget.
- Work with team, mainly engineers, to convert facility to a SMART plant and in projects that creates efficiencies in the operations.
- Resolve Help Desk escalations
- Help develop internal Plant Policies
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other members of the IT operations group ensuring all systems are kept in a constant operational state.
- Participate in regular meetings with corporate IT, plant engineering and safety groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 4 years of experience working as a senior system administrator within an organization’s IT Department.
- 2 to 3 years of work experience working with network switches or wireless platforms or related hardware.
- Have extensive training on computer software and hardware, including servers and systems.
- Experience to develop and implement policies and procedures for an IT Department.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills, especially when it comes to directly addressing user issues with of the shelf software or hardware.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.