Janitor – 2nd Shift
Sante Fe Springs, CA
Responsible for detailed cleaning and upkeep of the plant, ensuring that all equipment is properly cleaned and sanitized, ready for processing. Also assists the Production Department as needed.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Required Training
- Chemical Safety Handling
- Basics OF Cleaning
- Sanitation PPE Requirements
- Chemical Titration
- Scissor Lift/Boom Lift Certified
- Forklift Certified
- Confined Space Certified
- Essential Duties: These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
- Responsible for detailed cleaning and upkeep of office restrooms twice daily and locker rooms daily. Specific duties are: Clean walls, sinks and commodes. Record date/time of cleaning on the posted form. Empty all trash containers, refill toilet paper, hand towels and soap dispensers in all washrooms, and men’s and women’s locker rooms (mezzanine). Make sure coffee, tea, condiments and paper towels are available in the coffee area. Restock coffee supplies when needed.
- Ensure the Analytical Lab has bottled water, paper towels, and soap available. Check or replenish supplies daily and as requested. Clean spills in the Lab as necessary.
- Sweep, mop, clean tables and remove trash from the Employee’s lunchroom.
- Sweep and clean outside eating area twice per shift, ensuring trash is removed from all containers that are over 1/2 full.
- Clean and sweep the Quality Control cutting room and warehouse office and remove trash from both areas.
- Sweep all parking lots, including the back of the plant, and empty/remove all trash.
- Ensure office and/or plant area trash containers are emptied as needed
- Ensure Training Room is clean and ready for use at any time. Sweep, mop, clean tables, chairs, dry erase boards and other equipment and remove trash as needed.
- Perform daily wash-down of sanitation lines at shift change. Serves as back-up for the Sanitation department.
- Check recycling bins, including aluminum can bins, every week on Mondays, and other times as needed when bins are full.
- Ensure the front office lobby cabinet is always adequately stocked with lab coats, shoe covers, hair nets, beard nets, earplugs and bump caps.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Assist administrative staff with special requests such as moving computers or other office equipment and supplies.
- Change drinking fountain water filters every three months or when directed.
- Assist the HR and Safety departments with employee activities such as luncheons, plant celebrations, Employee Communication Meetings, etc. Depending upon the event, will include setting up tables and chairs, distributing food items, delivering supplies and materials to event location, etc.
- During hot summer months, prepares and delivers Gatorade to the lunchroom as per established schedule and/or as directed. Monitors Gatorade supply to ensure it is always available
- Do a general cleanup of any assigned area as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Bump Cap
- Hearing Protection
- Beard Net
- Eye Protection (Goggles)
- Face Shield
- Chemical Resistant Gloves
- Chemical Resistant Wet/Rain Gear
- Slip Resistant Shoes (Rain Boots)
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.)\
- Physical activities of this position.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount and kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Includes those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing: Ability to hear and comprehend verbal instructions; ability to communicate verbally.
- Vision: Ability to see with visual acuity.
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Degree of physical exertion required for the position.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Environmental conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
- Inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
- Both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Hazard: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- Humidity: Exposure to humid conditions ranging from 70 to 92 percent.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.