Key Account Manager
Sales & Marketing
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Director Sales, the primary objective of this role is to execute “best in class” performance on key sales objectives. This is achieved by assisting with the development, implementation, and achievement of departmental objectives. You will lead the Sales & Operations process of forecasting / volume planning, and work closely with the teams within Sales, Demand Planning, Finance, Marketing, and Revenue Category Marketing.
You will assist with fostering relationships with our sales partners – Brokers, with some exposure to event planning (annual sales meeting and quarterly director meetings). You will provide accurate forecasting, and account planning, reports as necessary. Lastly, you will promote our volume, shares, and Net Sales objectives to their targets, as well as leading our customers category development.
- Drive “best in class” planning and sales execution/expectations to maximize revenue, margin, and share.
- Create and execute sales plans in conjunction with demand planning, marketing, revenue management, and finance to enhance sales results.
- This is done by:
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Promotion execution and coordination.
- Sales budgeting process and input.
- Coordinate the launch of New Products.
- Account planning.
- Information sharing.
- Monitor and report on key metrics, along with recommended actions to resolve any problems.
- Utilize and provide sales training of the Nielsen IQ systems, internal pricing and forecasting systems.
- Develop annual volume plans in partnership with Finance, Marketing, and Demand Planning.
- Manage new product introductions at any assigned accounts.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with both internal partners (Finance, Sales, Demand Planning, Customer Service) and external partners as needed.
- Act as the key sales liaison for any product recall activity.
- This is done by:
What You Need to Succeed
- University degree in Business or Commerce.
- 5+ years of experience in the CPG Food / Beverage industry in sales or key account management roles.
- Fluency in English is necessary.
- Being Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be familiar with the operations of Microsoft Suite Products.
- Specifically, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Extensive prior experience analyzing, interpreting, and presenting Nielsen data (and data insights) is required.
- Familiarization with POS systems such as IRI, Precima, and/or Retail Link is ideal.
- Previous experience in CAS, SAP, and/or COGNOS is ideal.
- Ability to use data analytics to provide actionable insights, with the ability to make decisions and execute action(s) based on the data
- Demonstrated capability of the Sales process, with familiarization of pricing and trade spend at a CPG company in Canada.
- The ability to collaborate, negotiate, and/or influence functions and/or organizations to effectively achieve the desired results.
- The ability to effectively work in a team environment, as well as individually, to deliver results.
- The ability to prove your initiative, developing and delivering plans and/or programs to the successful outcome.
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.