Santa Fe Springs, CA
To provide clerical support for the maintenance department as directed by the 1st Shift Maintenance Manager.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Responsible for planning and performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Efficiently operates and maintains the company’s interactual properties.
- Properly maintains the SAP system updated to control and enter all applicable modifications, corrections and changes in the workorders.
- Maintain computer files of all documentations and records.
- Prepare and post staff schedules for week ahead and make necessary adjustment to the current week to cover callins. Manage substitute with the approval of the maintenance manager.
- Track employees attendances and time offs.
- Prepare all hourly employees time attendance for the manager approval with proper notifications of attendance divations such as excused or unexcused with reasons.
- Prepare and process time off request. Followthrough when returned.
- Works closely with maintenance mechanics to keep current with maintenance projects and production activities.
- Track and organize staff trainings with no or minimum interruption of operations.
- Report progress of the assignment to management in a timely manner.
- Print work orders and handover to appopliate day and night supervisors.
- Collect and close completed workorders. Report the incomplete workorders to appropliate day
- and night supervisors.
- Utilize the telephone, email, fax, and internet to delivery your assignments as required.
- Will be required to collaborate and work with other team members easily and effectively with maintaining good rapport with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Will be required to have excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms.
- Will be expected to take initiative, drive results and have a customer focus mind-set.
General Maintenance and Other Duties
- Supports and/or performs computer graphics to assist learning and development activities as directed.
- Prepare training materials with laminations, bindings and posting as required.
- Track and organize staff training attendance database.
- Maintain training records and documentation.
- Obtain certifications, refreshers and/or contiuatiuon of required training per manager’s request.
- Adhere to all quality and safety procedures and requirements.
- Attend all safety and quality trainings and meetings.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Keep staff and maintain staff’s sensitive information. Sharing such information is prohibited.
- Work closely with other departments for proper coordination efforts.
- Provides support to other areas when required.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices. Includes use of appropriate PPE.
- Become familiar with the facility and operations.
- Assist with painting of facility as needed.
- Work with mechanics and electricians to purchase and test alternate manufacturers to reduce cost or increase part life.
- Become familiar with electrical components and parts to fully support ordering them.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Provides support to other areas when required.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, chemical resistant gloves, slip resistant safety shoes with toe protection, uniform or smock, freezer suit, and safety goggles with face shield, as required.
(All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.)
☒ Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
☒ Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount and kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
☒ Stooping: Bending body downward and forward bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
☒ Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
☒ Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
☒ Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
☒ Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
☒ Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
☒ Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
☒ Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
☒ Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
☒ Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
☒ Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole arm as in handling.
☒ Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
☒ Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
☒ Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Includes those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
☒ Hearing: Ability to hear verbal communication in a noisy environment.
☒ Vision: Attention to the surroundings when operating a forklift.
☐ Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Degree of physical exertion required for the position.
☐ Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary Work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
☐ Light Work: Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
☒ Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐ Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐ Very Heavy Work: Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Environmental conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
☒ Inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
☐ Outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
☐ Both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
☐ Extreme cold: Temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
☒ Extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
☒ Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
☐ Vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or the whole body.
☒ Hazard: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
☒ Atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
☒ Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
☒ Humidity: Exposure to humid conditions ranging from 70% to 92%.
☐ Respirator: Use is required.
☐ None: No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- High School diploma or equivalent; BS Technical and/or Science Degree preferred.
- Ability to read/write speak and comprehend English preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Individual must have a proven background (at least 2 years experience) in a Clerical Position.
- Experience operating computer based systems.
- Experience using computer programs (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Knowledgeable about Maintenance Technical Functions.
- Knowledgeable about data entries.
- Proficient in the use of computer graphics, camera and video for training materials development.
- Proficient in the maintenance technical terminologies.
- Familiarity time attendance programs.
- Maintain an acceptional level of attendance.
- Flexible in working weekedns and/or after hours to accomplish staff payrolls arrangement if it is
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance Databases and Software (i.e. SAP) is preferred.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.