Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor – 2nd or 3rd Shift
Sante Fe Springs, CA
Provide the leadership and supervision required to accomplish all plant maintenance including facilities, utilities and operations, to reduce downtime and assure peak plant efficiency on assigned shift. Direct all maintenance planning, design and project completions.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Supervise Operating Maintenance Department
- Establish priorities and provide guidance and leadership to maintenance personnel.
- Review work in progress of maintenance personnel.
- Assure on-going training and education of maintenance crew.
- Maintain self-improvement through conferences, technical books, magazines or educational courses.
- Technical Competencies
- Having knowledge and skills in Mechanical functions of production equipment including Conveyors, Packaging equipment, Pump and Hydraulic/Pnuematic cylinders.
- Experienced in Electrical, Motor Controls of production equipment stated above.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair the production equipment stated above
- Comply with Environment Regulations
- Supervise proper operations of water treatment and discharge systems, with complete understanding of chemical and water process flows related to food product wastewater.
- Oversee boiler’s air emissions within permit limitation.
- Work with Safety Supervisor to ensure compliance with all operational permits.
- Be acquainted with and up-to-date on environmental regulations.
- Responsible for water, power, gas systems maintenance and usage efficiencies.
- Safety Activities
- Participate in, and support all safety program elements, directed towards meeting the plant’s TIR (Total Incident Rate) goal established each year by Corporate. This includes safety training, inspections/audits, incident investigations, incentive programs, and any other safety-related activities.
- Maintain plant PSM and PHA program relating to Ammonia usage within the facility.
6. Quality Activities
- Participate in and support all quality compliance.
- Other Duties
- Operate company vehicle(s) when required
- Work with chemicals when demonstrating the correct use to department personnel.
- Understand the operation of all equipment and machinery within the department.
- Regularly use CAD and MS Office computer programs.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety rules and Good Manufacturing practices.
- Will be required to collaborate and work with other team members easily and effectively with maintaining good rapport with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Will be required to have excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms.
- Will be expected to take initiative, drive results and manage execution.
- Responsible for attracting, developing and retaining talent
- Will have a customer focus mind-set.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, eye protection, gloves, slip resistant shoes, uniform or smock, back support belt.
(All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.)
☒ Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
☒ Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount and kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
☒ Stooping: Bending body downward and forward bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
☒ Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
☒ Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
☒ Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
☒ Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
☒ Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
☒ Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
☒ Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
☒ Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
☒ Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
☒ Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole arm as in handling.
☒ Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
☒ Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
☒ Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Includes those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
☒ Hearing: Ability to hear verbal communication in a noisy environment.
☒ Vision: Attention to the surroundings when operating a forklift.
☐ Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Degree of physical exertion required for the position.
☐ Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary Work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
☒ Light Work: Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
☐ Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐ Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐ Very Heavy Work: Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Environmental conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
☒ Inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
☒ Outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
☒ Both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
☒ Extreme cold: Temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
☒ Extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
☒ Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
☒ Vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or the whole body.
☒ Hazard: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
☒ Atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
☒ Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
☒ Humidity: Exposure to humid conditions ranging from 70% to 92%.
☒ Respirator: Use is required.
☐ None: No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in food plant maintenance.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Complete understanding of PLC and logic controls for high speed operating equipment.
- Ability to read/write speak and comprehend English preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Basic computer experience (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc) required.
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance Databases and Software (i.e. SAP) is preferred
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.