Manager – Purchasing
Santa Fe Springs, CA
The Purchasing Manager in Santa Fe Springs is responsible for the negotiation, supplier management, material specification maintenance, and supply contract of raw materials such as Cans/Ends, Corrugate, Oil. Film, Broths and related materials for the Santa Fe Springs operations. This position will be our leader with packaging innovation for the plant. Position will report into the Vice President/General Manager of Santa Fe Springs Operations.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Works closely with key suppliers of raw materials to produce a conducive relationship for both parties
- Responsible for negotiations to create/renew/uphold/terminate supply contracts and pricing with our key suppliers
- Develop competitive supplier relationships and act as our liaison
- Responsible for supplier, competitor and industry commodity trends and innovation updates to management
- Conduct quarterly reviews with our key suppliers
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all internal departments and employees
- Ensures material item returns and credits are accurately processed
- Oversee and provide budgetary guidance
- Setup and maintain material items and contracts in SAP
- Works closely with plant finance, quality and supply chain manager to ensure materials used in the process are at specification, supply is supported, and costs are captured
- Coordinates product quality issues and supplier performances with Quality Manager
- Manages all weekly mandatory COGS, including all reports
- Works closely with Operations Director and Supply Chain Manger to monitor waste log and accuracy of waste cost reporting
- Work to align all purchasing processes from MRO and department expenses under this position
- Align plant with synergies from other Bumble Bee factories
- Be a leader in driving our company values of Find a Way, Show Love, Focus Forward, Come Together and Act Right
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
Education/ Experience/ Skills Required
- 5 or more years experience in production purchasing environments and vendor management experience
- College degree with a BA/BS in supply chain, business management, or equivalent business discipline a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills: able to work with large data extracts, creating formats and formulas to obtain data based next step solutions.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
- Must be able to set priorities and demonstrate a high organizational level in an environment of ever-changing needs. Must be innovative, assertive, and capable of anticipating needs.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills including cross-functional collaboration.
- Computer literate: proficient in Excel (ex: able to use filters, pivot tables and V-Lookups to efficiently analyze and manipulate spreadsheet data)
- SAP experience a plus
- PMP, CPIM certification a plus
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.