National Account Manager: Sam’s Club/Private Label US
Overview: Manage all selling activities for Bumble Bee brands for the assigned customer. Work with Sales Leadership and Brand Management to develop and execute plans that expand Market Share and Net Revenue for Bumble Bee Brands and Private Brands.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Primary point of contact for Buyer(s) responsible for Bumble Bee brands at assigned account.
- Develop necessary analysis and presentations delivering these to the assigned customer to grow overall sales of Bumble Bee Brands.
- Lead efforts to develop Category influence plans to secure best possible shelf merchandising for Bumble Bee items.
- Support Replenishment activities with customer by monitoring and strengthening the CPFR process.
- Complete post-promotional analysis to maximize returns for both the customer and Bumble Bee Foods for use in future promotional offerings.
- Lead forecasting for Sam’s Club and Private Label customers.
- Ensure accurate deployment across the Bumble Bee Supply Chain through monitoring and sharing of information.
- Deliver excellence in Trade Spend system management minimizing pricing and promotional discrepancies.
- Aggressively manage deductions (open & chargebacks) at assigned customers to an expeditious resolution to meet or exceed company outstanding balance goals and policies.
- Partner with Operations and Sales Team to lead the management of existing Private Label customers while identifying opportunities to expand to other customers.
- Develop an advanced understanding of Bumble Bee production capabilities.
- Work closely with Operations and Sales Management to help fill excess capacity by selling co-pack opportunities across our network of production facilities.
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards in regards to business dealings with internal and external customers.
- Ensure efficient time and expense management when traveling for the company.
- Minimum 4-year college degree in marketing, or business preferred.
- Requires 3-5+ years of CPG Sales or Category Management experience with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience working directly with Sam’s Club. Experience in Private Label, Operations or Trade Marketing preferred but not mandatory.
- Computer literate; able to produce Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, Access and PowerPoint.
- High degree of Proficiency in running customer applications such as Walmart Retail Link, producing and analyzing reports. Experience with Atlas preferred but not mandatory.
- Understand and be able to apply syndicated data analysis (IRI and MADRID) into a selling platform.
- Fundamental and working knowledge of Trade Fund Management systems and internal sales/shipment reporting systems. Experience with CAS (TFM), Cognos and SAP preferred but not mandatory.
- Able to travel at least 20% of the time for business.
- Self-starting, highly energetic style, with an ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- A purpose driven mind-set, with a desire and passion around identifying ways to reduce environmental impact and further protect the oceans.
- An innovative and creative thinker who has a deep understanding and passion for trends in food and nutrition.
- A reputation of integrity, high intelligence, creativity and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated high level of emotional intelligence.
- Able to manage stressful situations with ease and approaches challenges with a positive, can-do attitude.
- A hands-on team player who has a visible, effective leadership style. Good listener, strong communication skills, flexible, and fair.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Able to think and plan strategically while executing tactically.
- Able to be decisive and demonstrate good decision-making skills in a high energy, fast paced environment with minor guidance or support.
- Able to leverage knowledge and resources outside of direct reporting lines.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.