Sante Fe Springs, CA
The Operations Manager is to provide leadership and direction in the departments of production, maintenance, label & tray and sanitation in the Santa Fe Springs manufacturing facility.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Promote, implement, and fully support all safety program elements, directed towards achieving a goal of zero loss-time accidents. Lead the organization in their journey to attaining a “world class” level of safety performance. Activities include safety training, inspections, incident investigations, incentive programs, and any other safety-related activities.
- Gives work direction, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work
- Ensures adequate training of staff and employee compliance to organization’s policies and practices
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices
- Manage the planning, production, label & tray, sanitation and maintenance departments to ensure they are performing within established operating procedures and results meet or exceed budget guidelines while attaining or exceeding established quality standards
- Develop root cause analysis tools for targeting performance problems. Work with team to help address issues and develop standard operating procedures. Establish or modify priorities in areas requiring attention, providing guidance and direction when needed, to ensure performance is within parameters.
- Improve tools that will allow assessment of actual performance versus target performance. Develop feedback loop to address issues as required.
- Maintain familiarity with operation procedures, evaluate operating activities and reports on operation procedures, changing and recommending changes where appropriate
- Ensure that all quality standards are met or exceeded in daily operations
- Monitor on a daily basis actual vs. pack plan and reports weekly on problem area for proper management throughout
- Establish daily priorities through the packing schedule on product needs. Modify line schedules when needed to ensure pack plan attainment.
- Prepares reports and records on department activities for management.
- Monitor cleaning and sanitation of plant facilities, premises, and processing equipment
- In conjunction with the Q.A. Department, ensure Sanitation SOP’s are followed
- Support the factory passes all audits – Third party, military, USDC, FDA, SQF, Silliker, etc.
- Participate and provide direction in the daily maintenance and downtime reviews
- Work with Engineering Manager to support capital plant projects
- Work with team to institute best practices for maintenance activities
- Ensure that applicable hygiene, product safety, health rules, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations are followed
- Foster open communications with direct reports and leads to effectively communicate plant goals and objectives as well performance against these targets. Encourage open and transparent communications within all levels of the organization
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports but provide ongoing feedback on progress
- Strive to attain full employee engagement with activities in the plant
- Assigns, or delegates responsibility for, specified work or functional activities and disseminates policies and objectives to supervisors/staff
- May initiate or authorize employee hire, promotion, discharge, or transfer
- Expectation is that 50% or more of the time working is on the factory floor
- Degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Business, Food, or related field
- 3+ years management/supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility, canning preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma certification is preferred and candidates that have successfully implemented these types of programs in prior experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Practical hands on experience with food safety and food handling procedures and comprehensive knowledge of OSHA standards, HAACP guidelines and Good Manufacturing Practices
- High-energy, change-oriented leader that upholds the highest level of personal integrity
- Experience with SAP preferred
- High level of competence with excel, PowerPoint, word and other data aggregating systems
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
- The salary range for this role is $82,555-$153,316 *Compensation to commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, medical savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation pay, flexible vacation for exempt positions with sick leave. Please note, however, that The Bumble Bee Seafood Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.