Prep Crew II
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
The Prep Crew in the Cafeteria are responsible for preparing, cooking, and serving food to the Company employees. Following established recipes and/or menu, the Prep Crew prepare the daily meals and/or baked goods as per guidelines. While the regular menu does not change, the Prep Crew should be ready to deviate from the normal menu as per the daily special/special orders. The Prep Crew are tasked with preparing the ingredients and workstations each morning, recording each pre-order as they receive them, receiving payment, and preparing the food to be picked up at the specified time. Additionally, the Prep Crew are tasked with preparing so many regular items in advance of each break or lunch, to account for non-pre-ordered food orders. Lastly, the Prep Crew are responsible for ensuring the onsite Coolers & Vending Machines are stocked each day, monitoring stock levels, receiving stock orders as they arrive, cleaning used dishes when time allows, and cleaning and sanitizing the kitchen each day.
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Ensure that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to company standards.
- Label, organize, and stock all ingredients on shelves so they are easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking/baking.
- Ensure that all food items are stored properly.
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Follow the created Prep List, which assigns daily tasks.
- General kitchen duties (stocking cooler/vending machines, cleaning/sanitizing workstations, washing dishes, emptying trash, etc.).
- Prepare cooking and baking ingredients daily.
- Washing and chopping vegetables.
- Cutting meat.
- Other meal preparation as necessary.
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Follow standard food safety practices & sanitation guidelines.
- Follow cleaning schedules as assigned.
- Follow strict regulations on personal hygiene while in the kitchen.
- Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and parboiling food.
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events (i.e., Employee BBQ, Turkey Dinners, etc.).
- Assist with preparation and presentation of meals and snacks in accordance with company recipe and production guides.
- Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
- Sell food, coffee, & baked goods during peak times (breaks & lunch).
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be physically capable of:
- Lifting upwards of 50 lbs. frequently to unload shipments/deliveries.
- Standing in one spot on cement floors, or within a small area.
- Mixing, blending, chopping, or any variation to prepare food and/or baked goods.
- Some dexterity is expected to perform these duties.
- Must have prior experience in food preparation and service.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Knowledge of basic food handling, preparation, and cooking techniques.
- Knowledge of basic customer service.
- Food handlers permit as required by provincial law and/or Company standards.
- Must be capable of basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English is required, any additional language proficiency is an asset.
- The ability to read, and understand, any written recipes, food guides and/or food terminology is necessary.
- Must have clean work habits.
- Must be organized when handling stock.
- Must be patient when serving company team members.
- Must have good attention to detail to identify any bad product.
- Must be able to perform duties in a fast-paced atmosphere (peak times).
- Very good physical condition and endurance.
- Grade 10 education or higher.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of standing and/or walking on cement floors for extended periods of time. Additionally, lifting upwards of 50 lbs. can be expected to handle stock items. Legible writing is required for proper documentation. Computer literacy to operate computerized cash is expected.
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Vacation, Insurance, etc.).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.