Production Planning Coordinator
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Who We Are
For over 100 years, Clover Leaf and Brunswick have delivered delicious, healthy and affordable canned seafood to consumers. Today, as the leading branded marketer of canned seafood in Canada, we’re expanding our business, and there’s never been a better time to join our team and grow along with us.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self through ongoing professional development in an inclusive environment.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Production Planning Coordinator to join our team at Connors Bros. in Blacks Harbour. Reporting to the Director, Plant Operations, as the Production Planning Coordinator, you will be responsible for forecasting demands for each SKU produced in our facility for domestic and international markets based on sales projections.
To be successful as the Production Planning Coordinator you should demonstrate strong collaboration skills through working with a variety of teams, organizational skills to meet customer demands and problem-solving skills to adjust plans based on unforeseen challenges.
How You Make a Difference:
- Ensure there is sufficient supply of finished goods in the correct SKUs to ensure the optimal amount of product is shipped for customer orders
- Maintain monthly production plans based on budget and forecast requirements. Advise production team of any gaps that exist between budgeted and forecasted amounts.
- Provide direction to the production team on what cover to pack and the amounts required daily to meet production requirements.
- Provide the packaging team with monthly requirements for the department to produce and wrap to plan based on product requirements.
- Working with the team leaders, problem solve any unexpected production or packaging challenges.
- Provide weekly and monthly production reports to finance and production.
- Liaise between sales, marketing, and logistics for production related issues at the plant.
- Lead weekly meetings with sales and logistics to review pack plans, production-to-date file, product availability and future requirements.
- Issue new and update material numbers and issue new or update current BOM’s in SAP.
- Work with the Packaging Coordinator and marketing to make sure artwork changes or new artwork are completed and approved in time to run production to meet marketing and sales requested ship dates.
- Manage inventory of soya, sunflower and olive oil, and sauce blends as well as packaging materials.
- Work with purchasing team to have orders placed to ensure timely delivery.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food manufacturing knowledge of processing environment and packaging best practices
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Strong project, time management skills
- Demonstrates high degree of flexibility and embraces changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of Connors Bros. products is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, electronic, interpersonal and presentation)
- Must be steady, reliable, conscientious and have a good work history and attendance record
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and very adept at using SAP.
Posting End Date: November 4, 2022
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.