Production Support Technician
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering and Maintenance, the incumbent will work with a team of seasoned professionals, most of which are licensed Trade people. The Team is responsible for the upkeep and operation of various pieces of equipment and facilities utilities. This individual would assist the members of both the electrical department and the mechanical group. Working with the department management team, this person would schedule activities of in-house trades persons and contractors, entering data into & extracting reports from the Automated Work Order system ( S.A.P.– M ), writing/reviewing equipment documents and procedures, maintains the CAD system, assists with writing RFPs and other technical documents, and will provide technical guidance and support within the facility.
Equipment and systems will be located both on the Plant site and within a short distance from the Plant. The incumbent works well within a fast-paced work environment and enjoys collaborating closely with other stakeholders to ensure the success of the team.
- Write specifications, schedules and technical reports and control schedules and budgets.
- Assist the Dept management in the efficient and timely execution of planned PM’s on facility and equipment.
- Data collection and analysis for asset management like machines and facilities,
- Writes, Reviews & Amends the equipment maintenance or repair work procedures, specifications, and parts lists,
- Assists with equipment troubleshooting and engineering analysis on facility, equipment and systems.
- Reviews and documents facility and equipment commissioning/qualifications as required.
- Write, review and execute facility/equipment test plans and reports.
- Ensure strict implementation of company policy, SOP and GMP regulations.
- Other relevant duties/projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM program operation is mandatory with Solidworks and PTC Creo being the preferred systems.
- Knowledge and experience working in an SAP digital environment will be an asset.
- Previous experience in the maintenance dept. is considered an asset.
- Experience working in a food processing environment is considered an asset.
- Hands on experience in commissioning, qualifying, and maintaining facilities and equipment is considered an asset.
- Having Level 1 First Aid Certificate is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong work ethic, and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals. Must be a team player.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills required.
- IT Background is an asset.
- Must be action orientated, ethical in values, and customer-focused with a drive for results.
- Ability to manage time, make quality decisions, and manage and measure work.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with any combination of standing, walking, and/or bending for extended periods of time on cement floors. Levels of excessive noise can be expected during periods of high production. Periods of humidity/heat can be expected during hotter months.
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package upon completion of Probationary Period.
- Health, Vision, Paramedical, etc.
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.