Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
About the Role
The Purchasing Manager in Blacks Harbour is responsible to for the negotiation, supplier management, material specification, supply contracts, and contractor proof of insurance management for parts, equipment, capital orders, frozen fish and related materials for the Blacks Harbour Operations. This position will be our leader for providing Best Service and Best Quality at the Best Price.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Responsible for negotiations to create/renew/uphold/terminate supply contracts
- Develop competitive supplier relationships and act as our liaison
- Responsible for supplier, competitor and industry commodity trends and innovation updates to management
- Compile data to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to be used for cost-saving initiatives
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal departments and employees
- Oversee and provide budgetary guidance
- Works closely with plant finance, quality and supply chain manager to ensure materials used in the process are at specification, supply is supported, and costs are captured
- Coordinates product quality issues and supplier performances with Quality Manager
- Align plant with synergies from other Bumble Bee factories
- Manage part orders process for annual shutdown
- Manage shipping terms and be familiar with both Ocean and Land shipping terms
- Works closely with Corporate Legal on orders that require contracts
- Place purchase orders ensuring flow of inventory that guarantees optimum stock levels and meets turnover goals.
- Maintain an extensive database for all orders that is up to date and provides information for analysis and reporting.
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substitutions.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Communicate all delays or variances of purchases to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels for production in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Manage proof of insurance requirements and ensure proper documentation is secured prior to external contractors arriving on-site.
- Identify discrepancies between shipments and orders and take action.
- Ensures material item returns and credits are accurately processed, investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments or conduct negotiations as necessary.
- Be a leader in driving our company values of Find a Way, Show Love, Focus Forward, Come Together and Act Right
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
What You Need to Succeed
- 5 or more years experience in production purchasing environments and vendor management experience
- Post-Secondary Education in supply chain, business management, or equivalent business discipline a plus
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships internally and externally
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Must be able to set priorities and demonstrate a high organizational level in an environment of ever-changing needs. Must be innovative, assertive, and capable of anticipating needs
- Strong teamwork skills including cross-functional collaboration.
- Computer literate: proficient in Excel (ex: able to use filters, pivot tables and V-Lookups to efficiently analyze and manipulate spreadsheet data)
- SAP experience a plus
- CPP, PMP, or CPIM certification a plus
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.