San Diego, CA
The role of the Manager of Procurement is to manage purchases of canned food products distributed by Bumble Bee Seafoods in the United States, Bumble Bee Seafoods Export division and Clover Leaf Seafoods in Canada. The role includes, but is not limited to, strategic sourcing, vendor selection/qualification, contract negotiation, vendor management. The role also holds responsibility over COGS, budgets, and meeting all financial targets of the company for the assigned business segments.
- Develop and execute global sourcing strategies
- Identify and analyze strategic supply partners.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions to maximize profit and insure stable supply
- Seek alternative suppliers to competitive positioning
- Provide forecasts to suppliers and schedule production
- Understand and maintain accurate information across multiple platforms
- Communicate with suppliers and maintain data accuracy in SAP
- Use SAP Invoice Management System to resolve any invoice discrepancies
- Work with marketing, sales, R&D departments as needed to ensure project deliverables are being met
Reporting and Analysis
- Responsible for maintaining COGS and working capital reports and forecasts
- Identify areas to improve business processes
- Be part of continuous improvement of SAP, SNP, and other Information Systems projects
Communication and Projects
- Responsible for all supply chain aspects of new item introduction- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and QA to develop project plans and ensure successful launch of new items within assigned business segment
- Create reports and communication updates for the business, including monthly Executive Committee Meeting (ECM) report, periodic email updates on projects, and annual budget presentation
- Responsible for managing and communicating market and supply situations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or related field
- 3-5 years minimum experience required in a procurement of sourcing role
- Experience in relevant areas: Supply chain, purchasing, forecasting, demand management inventory control, production scheduling, master scheduling, capacity management, materials management, or distribution resource planning
- Planning systems experience like ERP/DRP/MRP/MPS is preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Broad range of computer skills – especially MS Excel and MS Office Suites
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to manage many details with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to establish timelines and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong key stakeholder and relationship management skills
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.