QA Records Clerk
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
The Quality Assurance (QA) Records Clerk examines all relevant Quality Control (QC) reports completed from the previous day. They are responsible for ensuring these reports are completed in full, are accurate, and there are no corrections needed. They are tasked with ensuring these reports, as well as any relevant documents they receive, are in compliance with Company practices, and that there are no discrepancies against Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), the Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Program and/or any legally regulated programs (FDA/CFIA). They are responsible for maintaining the physical filing system for all QC/QA records kept on file in their office. Lastly, they may be assigned additional duties to help support the QC Supervisor, the QA Supervisor, and/or any team members working in QC.
- Each day, accurately file all reports in the Snack, Steaks and Sardines, and Final folders.
- Ensure all the relevant information has been entered, matches the product output, and is accurate to what was documented from various cross-facility reports.
- Reviews received reports for:
- Accurate timelines.
- Completed signatures.
- Accurate temperatures.
- All relevant information has been completed in the proper places.
- Complete the following reports daily:
- Chlorine tests (from the retorts).
- Histamine tests (to support the Krill/Histamine Inspector).
- Ensure missing documents are noted and communicated to the Quality Control Coordinator or QC Supervisor promptly.
- Support the QC team by filling in to help complete visual seam and weight checks when needed.
- The checks are completed in periods of a minimum of 30-minute intervals; complete the scattered one or two to help support the team on the floor when needed.
- Provide daily data for sauce amounts, as well as any holds/isolation products, for Cutting review.
- Complete necessary Corrective Action Form(s) for review by the QC Supervisor and any relevant team members to promptly correct document(s) and/or to process any deficiencies.
- Immediately communicate any issues that may present a food safety risk to the QC Coordinator, QC Supervisor, and/or Quality Manager.
- Support the QA Manager, QC Supervisor, and the department in resolving quality issues and preparing for audits.
- Communicate effectively with various levels of the organization to resolve quality concerns as they arise.
- Maintains files, work area, and documents in an organized manner.
- Other duties may be assigned to support the QC team.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer software applications (SAP).
- Must have experience in an Administrative role.
- Within an Office Environment is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the following Behaviors:
- Must be reliable with a proven record of consistent attendance.
- Must be conscious of food safety/food handling procedures.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy for reporting/documentation.
- Must have a sense of urgency to attend to any corrections promptly after notice.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible to work beyond the normal shift end when needed, 8-hours minimum upwards of 12-hours maximum (including any assigned overtime).
- Must have a minimum of a Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of standing, walking, sitting, and/or bending for extended periods of time during the shift. The ability to operate a computer is expected, as well as looking at the screen for extended periods of time during the shift. The ability to work in a Quality Inspector role (manually handling cans) is necessary.
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Vacation, Insurance, etc.).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.