Quality Assurance Supervisor
Sante Fe Springs, CA
Provide leadership and supervision for the Quality Assurance department, to assure compliance with established company standards and governmental regulations.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
The position is responsible for Assisting the Quality department on a daily basis in the following areas:
- Supervise departmental personnel, ensuring they are compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all employees are treated fairly with courtesy and respect, and that company policies (i.e., attendance, discipline, vacation, leaves, etc.) are followed consistently.
- Assure direct reports receive on-going training and education. Cross-train employees to assure efficiencies are kept at optimum levels.
- Schedule regular meetings with employees so they can be informed of future events and work schedules, and allow time for any feedback or questions.
- Schedule, monitor, and approve employees’ hours and make necessary adjustments in timekeeping system with assistance of HR personnel.
- Interview and hire new and/or transfer employees as needed.
- Establish daily priorities for departmental personnel.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for employees in all departments of responsibility.
- Responsable for held product, inspection, and reporting in a timely manner when needed.
Hold coordination, documentation, percentage of defects, categorization of defects as critical, major or minor; establish criteria of acceptability; product balance/reconciliation of cases on hold and remanufacture.
- Supervise the elaboration of the Notice of Out of Specification (NOS) for out of compliance product or raw materials.
- Take appropriate action to close the Internal Notice of Out of Specification (NOS) and working with the operational team.
- Audit and review daily Q.C. records collected from Q.C. Inspectors and production Line Coordinators.
- Ensure timely release of laboratory evaluations, test pack, and finished goods as needed.
- Ensure adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions.
- Responsible for the documents of Food Safety Fundamentals, Food Safety Plan, and the Food Quality Plan.
- Investigate and follow up on food safety and quality incidents that occur in the plant to ensure they are reported and permanent corrections are taken.
- Provide documentation of the deviations for HACCP, Thermal Process, and for the quality program deviation CQP.
- Supervise operational procedures for compliance of company Production Operating Procedures and government standards.
- Actively participate in the plant’s internal audit team.
- Provide support as needed for new projects.
Promote, participate in, and fully support all safety program elements, directed towards achieving a goal of zero accidents, and leading the SFS plant to a “world class” level of safety performance. Activities include safety training, inspections, incident investigations, incentive programs, and any other safety-related activities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Generate daily, weekly, and yearly incident reports. Maintain and update the incident reports as needed.
- Provide detailed, accurate reports on all product safety incidents.
- Conduct daily and periodic safety inspections; solicit safety concerns, suggestions, and ideas from department employees. Promptly inform manager of any findings and suggested remediations. Promptly follow up to ensure remediation occurs.
- Create and/or participate in creating and/or updating Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for all positions in the reporting departments.
- Responsible for special tests, and maintaining appropriate data to report findings.
- Conduct various tests and product evaluations as needed.
- Provide support to the metal control program in the plant, such as investigation and maintenance of Lost and Found box for foreign materials.
- Provide complete programming support for Datamyte, such as creation of all files and projects as needed by production, back-ups and procedures. Use Datamyte to measure, analyze, and record fill weight, condiment addition, and net weight from packing lines.
- Prepare audit samples and data summaries for corporate Q.A.
- Provide direct training and training material for Q.C. personnel as needed.
- Communicate with Production Supervisor(s) concerning out-of-specification product and/or procedures when necessary.
- Help monitor packing processes for compliance to company and government standards.
- Provide guidance to Production personnel to insure processing and packing procedures are in compliance with company standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to read/write/speak and comprehend English.
- Computer literate; ability to accurately input information and generate reports using various computer software programs (i.e., Excel, SAP, Datamyte, Gradus, etc.)
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- S. degree in science preferred or related field; or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years quality assurance experience in a cannery or food-processing facility preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish (read, speak, write) & Critical thinking skills
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, eye protection, gloves, slip resistant shoes with toe protection, uniform or smock, and back support belt is optional
Physical Requirements: Please see JSA
Compensation and Benefits
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
The pay range for this role is $70,000-$80,000 annually.
*The compensation will be commensurate with the level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes:
- medical insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- HSA & FSA
- life insurance and disability insurance
- and other voluntary benefits
We also offer time-off benefits including:
- paid time-off
- sick-flex time
- 10 company paid holidays
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.