Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Retorting is a processing method that uses heat and pressure to sterilize food. The Retort Hauler is responsible for removing cooked product on carts from the retort and staging the product in the designated area.
- Unload retorts by pushing or pulling carts on to the ramps and then into the tippers.
- Move carts to designated/restricted area.
- Enter data into SAP to produce tags with product and processing details.
- Complete tracking card to confirm cooked product has completed its process in the retort.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be physically capable of frequent exposure to heat and noise, along with greater than average walking with heavy pushing and pulling.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position.
- Computer fundamental skills are required (email, SAP data entry).
- Must be reliable, honest, alert and safety conscience.
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and can remain calm under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of standing, as well as lifting, pushing, and/or pulling weights upwards of 100lb when necessary, all done on cement floors. English communication skills are required to maintain both physical, and computerized, records. Working in periods of high noise levels can be expected depending on daily production outputs. The ability to work safely, and comfortably, in a humid environment is necessary.
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.