Sanitation Worker I
Sante Fe Springs, CA
Responsible for detailed cleaning and upkeep of the plant, insuring that all equipment is properly cleaned and sanitized, ready for processing. Also assists the Production Department as needed.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Essential Duties: These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
- Clean walls, sinks, commodes. Empty all trash containers, refill toilet paper, hand towels and soap dispensers in wash rooms located in the production area and all other areas of the facility.
- Remove all empty loin bags and place inside baler.
- Sweep, mop, clean tables and remove trash from the Employee’s lunch room.
- Sweep and clean outside eating area twice per shift, ensuring trash is removed from all containers that are over 1/2 full.
- Do a general cleanup of all packing room floor areas and insure removal of all trash.
- Remove reusable cans from the patcher areas on the packing lines, rinse them, and return to the depalletizer for re-use.
- Remove unreusable cans from the patcher areas on the packaging lines and place in trash can.
- Clean around the trash compactor/dumpster and can baler and hose the area down.
- Sweep all parking lots, including the back of the plant, and empty/remove all trash.
- Clean and sweep the receiving docks.
- Clean and sweep around the labelers and dumpers
- Clean the drains located across from and under the dumpster.
- Sweep and remove trash from the entire Label & Tray area.
- Clean and sweep the Quality Control cutting room and warehouse office, and remove trash from both areas.
- Ensure that all chemicals are properly stored and labeled.
- Pack into bales the excess, unused, or discarded cardboard in the Cluster Pack area using the automatic baling machine.
- Empty and clean insecticutors.
- Lock Out Tag Out training.
- Remove all Patcher cans from production line containers: wash them, and take them to the depalitizer area for reuse. (thorough knowledge of can washer
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English and/or Spanish
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.