SAP QM/PM Analyst
San Diego, CA
The role of the SAP QM/PM Analyst in Bumble Bee will be to provide hands on expertise, leadership and technical support to the business in SAP functions related to running quality and plant maintenance activities in manufacturing facilities.
The person in this role must partner with the business to understand their challenges, translate them into requirements, research possible solutions, then develop, document and deliver solutions. This person must possess a solid understanding of manufacturing best practices in order to effectively collaborate with the business users they support. This person must be a self-motivated, independent, results-oriented critical thinker.
- Partner and collaborate with key users at all levels in manufacturing, warehousing and other closely related organizations to understand their processes and challenges.
- Research and review new methodologies, processes, and solutions that can be integrated into the operational fabric of the company which will provide competitive advantage or operational efficiencies.
- Work with users to gather requirements for various reports, custom applications, and application extensions. Will act as the intermediary analyst between offshore software developers and end-users, and test solutions before enlisting end-users with user acceptance testing.
- Perform functional level unit testing for SAP upgrades and enhancements as required.
- Conduct technical overviews and software capability demonstrations/training to key process owners as required.
- Independently prioritize, diagnose and resolve application and process issues as they arise.
- Organize, create and maintain critical technical and functional documentation for related business processes, including technical specifications, test plans and training materials.
- Manage custom tables and designs specifications for various SAP user-exits as needs arise.
- Interface with the BI team on technical report design, data sourcing, and business processes.
- Collaborate heavily with other SAP functional analysts to assist in other areas with integration points associated to the candidate’s area of support.
- Occasionally must travel to remote manufacturing sites for onsite assessment and process documentation, training, etc.
Qualifications and Skills Desired:
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT, business or related field.
- Prefer at least 5 years’ experience in SAP manufacturing modules, specifically, MM, QM, PM in ECC 6.0.
- Prefer experience implementing or using S4 HANA.
- Prefer some exposure to SAP DMS and other modules as well.
- Understands project management principles and has experience leading project discussions/teams.
- Prefer 5 years hands-on configuration experience with the above SAP modules.
- Experience with requirements gathering, performing business process reviews, and proposing and implementing solutions that advance productivity, addresses business needs, and/or reduces costs and overhead.
- Good familiarity with SAP security roles and authorization objects.
- Must have experience collaborating with ABAP developers on enhancements and solutions.
- Prefer experience with LSMW tool to perform mass data changes and configuring/using ALE capabilities is preferred.
- Experienced working with on/off shore teams.
- Knowledge of SAP Workflow administration is desirable.
- Good rapport builder with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.