Sante Fe Springs, CA
The Security Officer is Bumble Bee Seafoods first line of defense against risks to property and personnel. It is this person who most often will first detect anything out of the ordinary that could escalate into a major adverse event if proper action is not taken. Equally as important, the Security Officer is an outwardly visible symbol of Bumble Bee Seafoods; often the first contact a visitor has with Bumble Bee Seafoods. It is therefore of the utmost importance that Officers exercise their duties with courtesy, tact, dignity. The Security Officer is the most visible measure of Bumble Bee Seafoods attitude toward the security and safety of the employees, the physical refinery, and the total operation. For this reason the description of this position involves many diverse elements.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Access control
- eporting security incidents / abnormalities
- Providing security briefings as directed by Bumble Bee Seafoods
- Vehicle access
- Property control
- Monitoring of the daily building activities of employees and visitors to the site
- Monitoring CCTV systems
- Taking a role in emergency situations such as emergency notifications, interface with local law enforcement refinery personnel, and evacuation orders
Essential Duties: These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position:
- Monitor ingress and egress into and from the workplace.
- Ensure that all employees, contractors, and visitors allowed to enter the site have received the proper authorization.
- Regulate vehicular traffic if so assigned and ensure that all drivers are following proper ingress and egress procedures.
- Maintain all paperwork or automated documentation and logs.
- Be familiar with the entire site and be able to direct visitors to areas on request.
- Be familiar with all Post Orders and be able to correctly apply them in all situations.
- Required to check facility gate locations equipped with access control and CCTV equipment and report damaged or non-working equipment immediately to supervision.
- Investigate and report suspicious persons or activities detected on the site.
- Provide surveillance at and around the gates and associated perimeter areas.
- Make required inspection rounds of designated areas and report those items or incidents that are found to be not in proper order.
- Assist Bumble Bee Seafood’s employees with security related matters as requested.
- Report, immediately, all incidents, safety hazards, accidents, unusual events, or circumstances observed by or reported during the officer’s tour of duty.
- Maintain an awareness of outside weather conditions as the assigned post permits and report as noted in the Post Orders.
- Display professional conduct, a neat workstation, and a neat, clean, appearance at all times.
- Check with the previous Shift Officer for any information that should be passed to the oncoming shift.
- Use the phone system and communicate clearly during times of stress to allow for calm and clear announcements.
- Provide, as necessary, an effective relief briefing citing any conditions, situations, or events to the relieving officer.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Security Officer
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.