Careers > Job Listings
Senior Director Ecommerce
San Diego, CA
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is looking for an experienced E-Commerce expert to lead and elevate our sales and marketing performance in a digital world. This person will be responsible for effectively establishing our digital shelf and bringing our brand strategies to life across E-Commerce environments (pureplay, omnichannel, marketplace, social commerce, and DTC) to capture our fair share of commerce in the channel. This position will collaborate horizontally and vertically across the organization to deliver a best-in-class omni-channel experience to sustain the accelerated growth of our digital business. We are looking for an individual who has successfully led CPG E-Commerce marketplace transformations and is able to make an immediate impact across our portfolio of brands. They will have experience and expertise leveraging content and media to build brands and drive sales across multiple E-Commerce environments. They must be a strategic leader and doer, capable of effectively collaborating with brand marketing and sales to simultaneously grow brand health and revenue. S/he will be an adaptable, analytical, scrappy problem solver capable of finding creative solutions to maximize ROI.
STRATEGY: Responsible for the strategy and roll out of digital marketplace roadmaps for Pure Play, Omnichannel, and Marketplace in full partnership with Brand Marketing and Sales.
- Develop and execute short / long-term strategy to capture fair share of the E-Commerce channel.
- Develop a business case to justify and prioritize resources needed to win within the channel and key customers.
- Sync E-Commerce strategy with Brand and Sales strategy to ensure a seamless consumer journey with our brands / products across consumer touchpoints.
- Develop Bumble Bee’s omnichannel “playbook” in partnership with Sales team
- Contribute to brand team annual and long-term strategy planning process.
PRODUCT & DISTRIBUTION: Collaborate with Marketing & Supply Chain to establish an optimal E-Commerce product and packaging portfolio to maximize revenue, profit and consumer reach.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and consistent product content syndication across all E-Commerce platforms – Syndigo, Product Information Management, Digital Asset Management, Content Management, etc.
- Evaluate and optimize current product portfolio sold across current E-Commerce platforms.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing on innovation / new product development initiatives for the channel.
- Identify and secure new customer / distribution opportunities.
PROMOTION: harmonize funding budgets (trade, consumer / shopper, and digital customer marketing) to maximize total return in E-Commerce environment.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing across aspects of digital content including: Owned digital channels (website eCommerce / product locator), Social Media/Social Commerce, and cross-channel content mapping.
- Identify, recommend, and execute E-Commerce media strategy across platforms (AMS, specific retailer media groups, Instacart, Mindshare, etc.).
- Allocate, execute, and maximize / measure ROI / ROAS on Digital Customer Marketing Budget.
- Consult with Brand Marketing to help develop and execute customer specific digital shopper marketing programs.
- Define and report on KPI’s of the effectiveness of content and media tactic
PARTNERSHIPS: be the company E-Commerce subject matter expert, establishing internal and external partnerships to build and execute E-Commerce strategy.
- Internal: fully integrate with Brand management and Sales; establish effective working relationships across multiple cross functional teams (IT, finance, supply chain, etc.).
- Collaborate with Brand Management and Sales to develop and optimize shopper marketing objectives and strategies.
- External: forge strategic partnerships with key digital players including (but not limited to) agency partners, retail media groups, key customer marketing teams, broker E-Commerce teams, and others to co-develop winning business plans.
- Business ownership for key eCommerce customers.
- Promote digital vision, standards and guidelines for eCommerce and technology platforms across the business, retailers, distributors, industry and solution partners.
BUDGET & PERFORMANCE: contribute to setting, managing, and achieving budgeted targets including:
- Achieving company EBITDA and Cash Flow Goals
- Achieving channel volume, sales, share, and margin targets.
- Achieving brand health / engagement goals.
MEASUREMENT & INSIGHTS: employ “test and learn” mindsight to progress toward vision of being a best-in-class brand in E-Commerce.
- Understand e-commerce consumer and segmentation.
- Explore opportunities to enable an impactful Direct to Consumer experience on our owned websites.
- Establish channel measurement framework and expertise to regularly share back to the business.
Qualifications and Skills Desired
- 5+ years’ experience, building and leading online, direct to consumer, multi-CPG brands
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related business field, MBA preferred
- Exhibited leadership experience in digital marketing and E-commerce
- Demonstrated high level strategic thinking, expertly executing daily business management
- Highly adept and capable of building and maintaining trusting partnerships and relationships across business unit leaders as well as with the company’s external consumer, wholesale, and cross-functional partners
- Strong track record of leadership and the ability to attract, develop and retain world class talent
- Capability to direct website technical structure, design & aesthetics, content, navigation, information architecture and functionality efforts
- Knowledge of online marketing best practices that result in customer/client acquisition, retention, loyalty and growth
- Proven experience as a leader who can properly influence people, process, and technology in a manner that enriches the company’s overall performance
- Deep understanding of CPG, food & beverage, Amazon marketplace dynamics, eCommerce arms of traditional brick and mortar retailers (Walmart.com, Kroger.com, Target.com etc.) as well as owned DTC and subscription channels
- Proven experience in P&L management and driving profitable, sustainable growth for an eCommerce business
- Experience forecasting and reporting eCommerce KPIs such as revenue, margin, inventories, traffic, conversion, AOV, LTV, CAC, etc.
- Advanced executive presentation skills with PowerPoint and financial modeling in Excel
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.