Skilled Forklift Operator
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Lift Truck Operators are responsible for moving Company product, loaded pallets, or palletized goods, from one storage location to another safely and securely. Operators are expected to operate their Lift Trucks in such a manner that follows all Company policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure all products that are moved are loaded, and unloaded, from the Lift Truck without damage. Operators are expected to maintain a clean drivers abstract at all times.
Operators will be required to complete, and successfully pass, a Company Lift Truck Driving Test. Operators are required to have the necessary skills, knowledge and license to safely, and legally, operate a Lift Truck in a confined, busy production environment. Operators will be required to safely perform their duties in a chilled environment for periods of time during their shift. Lastly, Operators are required to have excellent special awareness (Operators must always remain aware of their surroundings), a strong attention to detail, and the physical ability to perform manual labor if necessary.
- Loading/Unloading product (either in containers or on pallets) safely and without damage.
- Unloading incoming trucks (if assigned).
- Moving assigned product from one location to another within the facility (or outside, if assigned).
- Moving palletized products throughout the Freezer area (a chilled environment) when necessary.
- Maintaining the Company Lift Truck in satisfactory conditions.
- Regular checks/maintenance of Lift Truck to ensure optimal operations.
- Compliance to Company standards to ensure no load is damaged while operating Lift Truck.
- Compliance with all legal regulations to ensure safe operations of Lift Truck.
- Safe maneuver of load(s) in busy production environment.
- Must have 5+ years of Forklift experience with a clean driver abstract while operating a Forklift in tight, congested areas.
- Must be able to write, perform, and successfully pass a Company Lift Truck Operator test.
- Must be able to work well with fellow employees to coordinate movement of loads.
- Must be able to safely load, and unload, Lift truck with product/goods (either in container or on pallets) and remain accident free while operating Company Lift Truck.
- Must be a safety conscious worker, who has experience working in a busy production environment.
- Must be able to obtain a Propane Dispensing Certification, if necessary.
- Must be able to work the assigned shift, in addition to overtime (if necessary).
- Must have strong communication skills in both written, and spoken, English.
- Must have, and maintain, a good attendance and have a strong work ethic
- Must be detailed oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be physically capable of manual labor (if necessary).
- Must be capable of operating a Lift Truck in either hot or cold environments.
- Must always remain aware of surroundings while operating a Company Lift Truck.
- Grade 12 education (or equivalent) preferred, but not necessary.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
Applicants will be required to successfully pass a Company Lift Truck Operator test. Applicants must be physically capable of sitting for extended periods of time (while operating Lift Truck), as well as extended periods of walking/standing on cement floors when required. Occasional lifting, pushing, and/or pulling may be required depending on production requirements. Applicants must be capable of safely operating a Lift Truck in a busy, congested production environment. Excessive noise levels can be expected during high levels of production. Applicants must be able to operate a Lift Truck in a chilled environment when necessary.
- Different work schedules available (days, afternoons/evenings).
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.