Sr. Director Trade Finance
Sales & Marketing
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Director of Trade Finance to oversee the commercial organizations financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for assessing the commercial organizations financial performance specifically trade program development, promotional funding and overall revenue management. You would be a part of the commercial financial short term and long-term strategy to ensure profitable growth. Sr. Director of Trade Finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge to all financial and business principles. They are strategic thinkers and effective leaders who can make the most logical business decisions. The goal is to guide the company towards profitable growth and long-term success.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Lead the development and implementation of the commercial pricing and promotion planning and strategy
- Responsible for ensuring that the promotional funding is developed to hit our corporate finance goals but support the sales organization to achieve volume target
- Responsible for management of the product pricing strategy relative to COGS movement and trade marketing optimization to drive growth. Balance profit, volume, and share objectives to deliver long term growth
- Work with the Trade and Marketing teams to ensure the pricing and promotional strategies for innovation and trade programs are inline to the financial goals of the company
- Responsible for working with finance and establishing the strategy, timing, and communication of price increases on all SKUs
- Works with procurement, supply chain, and finance to ensure all revenue management and promotional strategies are taking into account all aspects of the P&L
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position to react to commercial/sales situations and develop sound promotional and pricing solutions and strategies.
- Set up and oversee the sales Trade Performance Management system and development of TPX system for the future
- Responsible for management of New Item Distribution funds for defined product items, including development of NID strategy in conjunction with Sales, analyzing field requests for reasonable payout levels, budget tracking, and payout analysis after placement is made
- Responsible to understand competitive initiatives via Nielsen and marketplace feedback, competitive reports, broker reports, merchandising reports, local market economic factors, trade changes and trends and development of promotional and pricing strategy to stay best in class competitively
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required, in business or marketing preferred
- 7-10 years of consumer-packaged goods sales experience with at least 2 years spent in a trade marketing or brand marketing role
- Must be able to operate in a lean entrepreneurial environment with minimal support and be proficient in computer skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint Presentations.
- Other characteristics necessary include strong analytical skills, strong negotiation capability, financial savvy, creativity, solution and action-oriented, ability to work alone, as well as in teams. Most of all, aggressive with results orientation.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.