Sr. Manager, Category Development & Insights
Sales & Marketing
The Sr. Manager, Category Development & Insights role is to support key stakeholders (Retail Customers, Sales and Customer Marketing) with analysis and insight development; by providing innovative solutions for driving growth in our product categories. They will develop persuasive analysis and presentations using available data and consumer research tools to drive our sales fundamentals, category and brand growth.
- Collaboration and Alignment with Key Stakeholders – frequent and varied interaction with Retail Customers, Sales, and other Multi-Functional teams.
- Communicate and meet with Bumble Bee Seafoods Sales Team Members to proactively plan, review and act upon business opportunities and recommendations.
- Work with Retail Customers and cross-functional teams to leverage available data (POS, syndicated, primary research) and shopper insights to drive value for Bumble Bee Seafoods through assortment, shelf, merchandising and pricing initiatives.
- Support in business planning and evaluation process with Internal Sales, Brand Teams and Retail Customers
- Develop and collaborate on total US centralized projects/tools that support national sales stories and general strategy planning.
- Business Analysis and Results: Ability to analyze data and create actionable insights that drive business results, category and brand growth.
- Leverage Industry Trends: Assesses industry trends and competitive actions to develop alternative promotional offerings to maintain and improve competitive position with key customers.
- Category Management Technical Expertise: Employ Category Management tools, principals and business processes in the appropriate situations to grow distribution, space and optimized assortment: IRI, JDA, ProSpace, Assortment Optimization tools, and custom and proprietary consumer studies.
- Applies good judgment in selecting methods/criteria for analyzing data and making recommendations while working closely with the Customer to influence strategic execution and decision making. Provides input into the overall Bumble Bee Seafoods business planning process.
- Partners with internal departments, including Sales, Broker Partners and Customer Marketing to evaluate distribution, merchandising and shelf initiatives to customer decision makers through utilization of technology, customer knowledge and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field preferred. MBA is an asset
- 4-6+ years CPG experience, including sales/business high level analytical experience (Category Management, Retail Management or selling experience preferred).
- Previous experience working within the grocery class of trade
- In-depth understanding of Category Management Principles
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills required: The ability to analyze multiple sources of data to make action-based recommendations to internal Bumble Bee Seafoods Departments and to our Retail Customers.
- Project Management & Organization Skills: The ability to manage multiple competing priorities while supporting multiple retail customers.
- Verbal & Written Communication Skills: The ability to clearly and accurately present complex data while being able to persuasively make recommendations to internal stake holders and retail customers.
- Ability to manage tasks and to exercise independent judgment without supervision required.
- Advanced PC skills required, including Excel, Word, Database applications (i.e. Access), and PowerPoint.
- Experience with syndicated (NPD, IRI, or Nielsen) data interpretation and analysis and using this data to provide actionable insights to customer and sales personnel. Panel, frequent shopper card, JDA, ProSpace experience required.
- Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with customers, management, and peers.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with teams.
- This position is a remote position but may require travel within designated Customer base (minimum 20% travel).
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.