Sr. Manager – Master Scheduler
Santa Fe Springs, CA
The Master Scheduler is responsible for the creation of a master production schedule (MPS) and the coordination of associated production plans for Santa Fe Springs tuna production to support the sales forecast and achieve business objectives for desired service levels, inventory targets, plant productivity, manufacturing cost and customer service. Position will report into the Vice President/General Manager of Santa Fe Springs Operations with dotted line report into the Director of Supply Chain Planning
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Works closely with corporate Production Planning team on execution of master production schedule (MPS), eliminating obstacles to executing MPS; maintaining and adjusting MPS as required to reflect site’s capabilities
- Creates the detailed, finite finished good master production schedule in SAP with respect to required customer fill rates, target inventory levels, plant capacity constraints, and maximization of operational efficiencies
- Works with Manufacturing/Operations on MPS load versus work area capacity. Identify overload situations and work together to reconcile production while meeting business objectives
- Communicates inabilities to meet desired production targets and identifies solutions to correct the plan
- Track and manage inventory levels of raw materials and WIP inventory to support finished good production
- Works with Production Planning to ensure inventory is rotated appropriately and inventory is accurately maintained in SAP at the material and batch code level
- Track and manage finished good inventory at the plant, ensures finished good inventory is appropriately deployed
- Monitors the timely disposal of obsolesce inventory at the plant, ensures E&O risk is communicated to the operations and finance teams for proper reserve reporting
- Reconciles inventory control problems and ensures accurate inventory is maintained in the system at the material and batch level
- Coordinates material substitution requests between the plant production and ensures deviations to production are communicated and approved
- Communicates disruptions in production and reconciles the finished good master schedule appropriately, identifies and implement corrective actions
- Communicates latest estimates on production volumes to finance
- Reviews material requirements planning (MRP) accuracy through exception processing; resolve and manage data integrity issues in a timely manner
- Work proactively with plant operations to maximize throughput and machine utilization
- Responsible for reporting monthly production volumes to finance, takes action to realign plan if production volumes are off target
- Responsible for providing monthly inventory projections
- Works with transportation & plant to prioritize shipments, approves alternative transportation modes as required (OTR)
- Directs manufacturing to make the appropriate products to support sales and works with loin and master scheduler to reconcile gaps in supply
- Leads supply reviews and communicates supply projections to the sales and commercial teams
- Works with procurement to make supplement purchases of FG if capacity does not meet demand requirements
- Ensure the Company’s key goals and objectives are achieved related to safety, food quality and compliance, cost savings, margin improvement, management of working capital and growth
Education/ Experience/ Skills Required
- 5 or more years’ experience in production and/or supply planning
- College degree with a BA/BS in supply chain, business management, or equivalent business discipline a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills: able to work with large data extracts, creating formats and formulas to obtain data based next step solutions.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
- Must be able to set priorities and demonstrate a high organizational level in an environment of ever-changing needs. Must be innovative, assertive, and capable of anticipating needs.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills including cross-functional collaboration.
- Computer literate: proficient in Excel (ex: able to use filters, pivot tables and V-Lookups to efficiently analyze and manipulate spreadsheet data)
- SAP experience a plus
- CPIM certification a plus
- CPG experience a plus
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.