San Diego, CA
Will be responsible for supporting period-end accounting closing cycles, preparing, and recording general journal entries, asset and liability account reconciliations, system maintenance, monthly reporting, audit support schedules, balance sheet and income statement account variance analysis and accounting projects. Will work effectively with personnel from other departments and affiliated companies to ensure timely, accurate completion of accounting cycle closings and service request responses. Position has expectations for growth into steadily increasing complexity of tasks.
- Analyzes business transactions and events as the basis for preparing general journal entries and properly documents transactions
- Provides conclusive support for journal entries in the form of underlying documents, schedules, and explanations
- Reviews journal entries for accuracy prior to recording the entries and after recording the entry to verify expected impact to the balance sheet and related income or expense accounts
- Performs month-end reconciliations of accounts and provides reasonable explanations and insightful analysis of the components of assigned accounts
- Researches and applies generally accepted accounting principles in support of accounting, and proposes reasonable solutions to accounting problems based on a keen understanding of accounting principles and business activities
- Communicates and collaborates with co-workers in relevant operating groups and management to ensure understanding of business transactions and achieve efficient and effective accounting results
- Assists in the design and execution of preventative and detective controls to the completeness and accuracy of account balances and periodic activity
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and validations of various sub-ledgers to general ledger control account balances, including but not limited to:
- Cash accounts
- Certain current and long-term assets
- Certain current and long-term liabilities
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly. Develop procedures to streamline and simplify cash recording and tracking
- Assist with the annual audits and quarterly reviews performed by external auditors and lenders by preparing audit schedules and/or reports providing appropriate explanations as required
- Assist operating companies, other internal service providers and external auditors with accounting related inquiries and requests
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- A minimum of 1- 2 years general accounting experience or relevant business experience preferred
- Previous experience and expertise with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel required
- Advanced skills in Excel desirable
- Strong analytical capabilities and strong written and verbal communication skills required
- SAP or equivalent ERP system experience desired with knowledge of basic accounting system functionality required
- Self-starter who is drawn towards taking initiative, can multi-task, has strong interpersonal skills with an ability to respond to inquiries and effectively present information to accounting and business managers
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect supporting data, establish facts, propose solutions, and meet deadlines
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.