Careers > Job Listings
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
About the Role:
We are looking for a Supervisor of Production to successfully oversee and coordinate the daily production teams including Golden Smoke, Snack line, Hermasa, SAP Packing and Scissor Tables.
As a supervisor for the production area, you will be responsible for the smooth flow of operations through high levels of customer satisfaction, while managing production goals. You will ensure coordination with other departments and manage team member resourcing and performance.
To be successful as the Supervisor of Production, you should demonstrate strong leadership skills, detailed knowledge of the food industry, and a good eye for detail ensuring the manufacturing facility is always up to code and running efficiently. You should have excellent verbal and written communication abilities and feel comfortable presenting to your team, as you will be required to ensure your team has adequate safety training on a regular basis. You must also have a knack for problem solving to allow you the ability to maintain a strong team environment.
How You Make a Difference:
Reporting to the Manager, Operations, you will:
- Communicate effectively to all team members in the following areas:
- Safety procedures
- Work assignments
- Work methods and procedures
- Daily/weekly/monthly measurements
- Provides leadership by promoting high performance team concepts. Drives a culture of accountability and results through effective coaching.
- Have complete understanding of manufacturing requirements.
- Utilize resources available to provide the highest level of customer service, while maintaining quality, efficiencies and cost
- Attend production and supervisor meetings.
- Day-to-day co-ordination with other departments
- Identify any areas of potential improvements, particularly in respect of methods, procedures and systems.
- Meet with team members regularly, reflecting on challenges and solutions, thereby creating a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a learning organization.
- Leads the production teams in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: working with planning, establishing production priorities, coordination of activities with team and order shipments.
- Creates the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work/processes are followed, countermeasures implemented, and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
- Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the warehouse; holding regular team meetings and assigning team members’ tasks and coordinate support services needed outside the team.
- Troubleshoot and investigate errors to uncover root causes and take appropriate corrective action; Empower team members to contribute to problem solving activities.
- Co-ordinate equipment maintenance schedules (maintenance department/outside services, etc.)
- Lead the group to attain or surpass safety, quality & productivity goals and embrace change and continuous process improvements.
- Working collaboratively with Human Resources and Health & Safety, develop and execute training to meet all job requirements and ensure employee compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Resolve interpersonal conflicts between team members.
- Perform administrative requirements such as timecards, notification of leaves, etc.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in food manufacturing knowledge of processing environment and sanitation best practices; preferably within the Seafood Industry
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop a team while coaching members to their full potential.
- Strong project, time management skills and ability to delegate and coach to accomplish tasks and projects.
- Demonstrates high degree of flexibility and embraces changing priorities.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and ability to enforce the safety rules and address behavior issues.
- Strong knowledge of Connors Bros. products is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, electronic, interpersonal and presentation) Applicants must have strong communication skills in English, as well as the ability to read/write in English to maintain necessary records.
- Must be steady, reliable, conscientious and have a good work history and attendance record.
- Willing to work fluctuating hours, weekends and/or evenings, work in other production areas and work some overtime as required.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach, train and influence others
- Strong communication organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate an appreciation of all Health and Safety Legislation and best practices, along with First Aid experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Working Conditions, Psychological and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of standing on cement floors, as well as lifting, pushing, and/or pulling. Applicants must be safety conscious to avoid cross-contamination and be aware of allergens used within the facility (Mustard and Soy). Applicants must be capable of ensuring all duties assigned are completed safely, and efficiently.
Posting End Date: March 8, 2023
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.